• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling motor wiring recommendation?

CrappiesNeyes

Question

I am installing a 24v Vantage trolling motor on the back of my boat. The question I have is: What gauge of wire do I need to run? I will be running it approx 15 ft. Is 10 gauge enough? Do I need heavy wire for the ground also? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

The sure fire way to get it right without any questions is to call the minn kota cust. service number. We did the same for our boat, and they have the formulas already figured out related to the lbs of thrust and distance of wires. We didnt have to wait long on the phone to get someone, and they gave us the answer within a few seconds. Call minn kota to be sure. Otherwise, I would put my money on 4 gauge, but get ready for the sticker shock when you see what it will cost you blush