• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tom Knapp at Game Fair today

I don't post in the hunting and shooting boards much but this was worthy I thought.

I went out to the Game Fair in Ramsey today to check out the scene, try on some Arctic Armor, see all the pups, dog games, and training tools. While I was there, I was pleasantly surprised while watching the dog parade to have Tom Knapp come up and sit next to me on the hay bail watching the dog parade. I chatted with him a bit and told him that I am a big fan of his and have been watching his exhibitions for years. He went on to interview with Ron Schara for a few minutes and told everyone about his exhibition that would be going on at 1 pm. Anyway, I have a few shots of Tom and Ron chatting after the dog parade, and tomorrow I will post up some shots of the exhibition. I couldn't post em all due to limits on uploads on my photo account.

Ron introducing a guy that doesn't need an intro.

2745179997_ca8a02aa50.jpg

Tom took the mic for a little info about the weekend and how Ron helped him get to where he is today.

2746015062_0a25c6da23.jpg

2746015248_d44de7a04c.jpg

Check back tomorrow and I will have some more photos posted up. They will be better though, some of the trick shooting Tom does. If you haven't had a chance to see him shoot, it is something you really have to see in person. He has 4 more shows scheduled at Game Fair, Saturday 8/9 at 1 and 5 and Sunday 8/10 at 1 and 5.

I got to see Tom up in Warroad last weekend. Not really trick shooting, he is just dang good at it. This is my 4th time seeing him in person. I got some cool photos when he was shooting up the fruit and veges, even the gallon gas that blows up at the end of his show. I never took the time to figure out how to post pictures on here yet, i just emailed pictures in the past to someone and they post them for me. My boys got to throw eggs for part of his routine. He is worth seeing in person. Super nice guy and takes time to talk to you after his shows. There was a Benelli Rep. on hand with numerous shotguns for people to shoot. Of course I had to try a few.

I fixed the earlier photos so they are a little smaller so you don't have to scroll and I am just a bit late getting the others up, but here they are.

Pictures really don't do the shooting skills of this man justice. I wish I had video of the stuff he does. Simply incredible.

2750915017_7301939884.jpg

2750920369_b133b9c67b.jpg

2750919609_404ee416c6.jpg

Here he is using the Binelli Salad Shooter...

2751752540_f5d0e9695a.jpg

2751750008_3e9284c0e5.jpg

2750915657_fea0020355.jpg

2751749668_43afda0b04.jpg

2750915391_f5a8cbcdd0.jpg

And a solute to the Red, White, and Blue

2751749266_51123bfc61.jpg

Tom is a great guy, down to earth and genuine. I'm proud to call him my friend. I have seen about 20 of his shows as we used to booth next to him at the DU Oskosh festivals. We still make any shows he has near us, due to his busy schedual its about the only times we can get togeather.