• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good low-stretch jigging line?

Question

Whats a good jigging line?
I have not found good jigging line for walleye fishing yet. I am looking for something with very very little stretch and good feel, in a green or high vis color, and about 8-12lb.
I will be using it for verticle jigging and casting jigs.
I dont really feel like spendiong alot of money on finding the right one so I was wondering what you guys thought.

------------------
lure #1, lure #2, lure #3...

9 answers to this question

I have always used Fireline for my jigging rods! but, I just recently spooled one of my rods with PowerPro and have been pleasantly surprised! It comes in a HiVis Green and it seems to handle rocks better than the fireline! Just my 2 cents!

Cory Frantzick

------------------
Visit us on the web at www.Athomeonthelake.com

I use fireline for bottom bouncing and trolling.
Does Powerpro fray as bad as fireline can?
I was thinking about spooling up with fireline but wanted mono b/c the green color will last longer on it.

------------------
FISHSTUNNER

It is a Berkley product and most of the bigger stores are getting it in now. Fleet Farm had it in a wide selection if they are near you?

It runs about $8.50 +/- for a 400 yard spool of 8 to 12.

You will be amazed at how slick it is and how well it ties up. I like the stuff but like Scoot said I have not used it in cold weather yet. The rep said it will stay limp in cold weather so I am spooling up for late fall with it.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

Power Pro is a uncoated superbraid and it frays very little. It will not take on water as bad as a frayed FireLine will in the cold and cause guide freeze up propblems.

I use both and find that the Power Pro is more cold weather friendly then FireLine.

FireLine may be a bit more trolling frendly, it is a close call there.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red