• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I the only one.. Olympics?

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the 1st time I saw Phelps swim and the guy is amazing. He was behind at 1st then on the way back the guy just blew everyone away. I hope I can see a few more of his wins this weekend while I am up at Leech Lake. They were saying that he was more gold medals this year then I think it was 50 countries in the olympics.

That was crazy!

I have to say that Mark Spitz in the interview afterwards was a major class act. It's like Costas kept trying to incite a rivalry or some animosity, but Spitz would have no part of it.

I have been camping in Canada this past week haveing Olympic withdrawls, no electric or TV. I watch as much as I can. I enjoy it all minus the long distance running. And of course that was a big chunk of the primetime coverage tonite...

Well, Phelps did it again tonight, and is now the record holder for the most golds in one season with 8. THe guys is a stud, and what i like about him the most is that he is always about his teammates, and how they push him to win. Thats what is awesome with him, hes not always about himself.

Phelps...AWESOME

And we have a local who has brought home the medals. Christine Magnuson in womens swimming is from the next town over from here. She went to school with my kids, pretty cool to see interviews from one of our local restaurants where they were having an Olympic party for her while she swam, and won! Pretty cool stuff.

Windy

Did you see the mens 100 meter (track and field) Saturday night?

That dude from Jamaica(Maan!)won by atleast 15' which is almost unheard of in that sport. He started to slow and coast at about 85 meters and still won by 15' and he shattered the world record to boot (9.68). That has to be one of the most pure athletic talents that i have seen...he had no super suit to put an asterick by his name either. Not saying that Phelps will have an asterick, but when they can wear these new suits, how can you compare that to the same records that were done by people swimming in spedo's only?

"Lightning" Bolt is amazingly fast....I heard a week or so ago about this race and how the WR could fall and someone might go under or hit the 9.8 mark......he did it easily in 9.69...WOW!!! Imagine if he cold catch a football.......

true he might expect something else but show him the potential money he could make and I think he would try to catch a football.....he wouldn't have to worry about getting hit he'd run right by them.........LOL