• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weather Pattern for Moving Big Fish

After several days of NW flow, today's subtle front extending from Fargo to the cities should trigger those muskies. Let see some big fish caught this afternoon and evening! Unfortunately, I am back forecasting the weather instead of targeting fish. Several friends are out, so we shall see what happens!

Before or after a strom. Super hot nights{ days dogs of summer }I know some of you guys dont like to fish if water is to hot but the big one bite was at summer peak enough said on that.

or the fall bite. Wish i was out casting now.....

My brother made it out. 48x19.5 in the boat (must need to eat more!). Another lost on the surface. Got a text from another Des Moines guy fishing up north tonight of a 42" on a orange jake. Notice how clean my brother keeps my boat...lol.

mike_48.jpg

Minnesota! I guess we can see what he was pitching. Tried to get back out after dark but too much lightning. The trof that sparked the fish sank south overnight, but will be followed by a cold front across central MN around 1pm today, so should be another peak.

moved 5 fish yesterday under all of the heavy cloud cover but couldn't get a single bite. the little ones would follow like mad at a figure 8. And the big ones spooked before i even had a chance to go into my first turn. Fun day though.

C'mon hugo, call me....call meeeee!!!!

(i'd be out on my own but my 4runner got rear ended and i'm out a tow rig right now!!!)

Well he called me, but we only made it out for about an hour due to some other complications. Nothing seen.

Went ot friday night got 2 about 15 20 min apart both about 44" went out agin this mornig got one a 47" and lost one that hit right next to the boat that was about 40" or so. be back out to night and sunday morning hope to get a couple more.

Shut out this morning, had one pike hammer a Pacemaker, boy they can hit hard and really fool ya for a couple seconds, can't they?

Water clarity was about 18 inches at best. So, we could have 10 follows for all I know......OK, likely not. Stuck with topwater but maybe should have switched it up a bit in hindsight. That stained water fishing bugs me.

Decent fish this evening 46x22. Lost a monster this morning. Largest I have seen up in this area. 55 or so. Hit a DCG and fought to the boat, then made a hard left turn and the hook came out of the corner of the mouth. Stunning to watch...

8_18_08.jpg

Nice fish John but sorry to hear about the big one lost!

Do you guys ever think we should be turning down the barbs on the DCG hooks? They're an awfully wide gap to penetrate with. I know some guys heat 'em up and turn down the barbs a bit..... I may experiment a bit...updates to follow.

Closest thing I came to a hook-up tonight was with a water skier.

Yea, last year was great for muskies. It heats up right about now and is good until thankgiving or later. Last year I got a 44 incher the day before thanksgiving. Steffanf, where do you work? I am currently a junior at UW-madison in the Meteorology program.