• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley Hunt

mrklean

I am looking at maybe applying for the camp ripley hunt, the deadline is close. How does it work where do you stay etc. I know its a military base so my guess is that they dont let you roam the woods when and where you want. Any help from anyone who knows or has been on one would be great. Thanks

You pretty much stay in your vehicle in line or bring a camper, drop it off by the line, then put your truck back in line. They give you a map of what areas you can hunt and which ones you cant. Sorry about the line thing its a little confusing, I'll try again. The hunts this year are Sunday and Monday hunts. Yet get there on Saturday to get in line. You can camp or leave a camper to the left side of the line. Some people bring a wheelhouse, drop it off, and put there truck back in line. Maybe someone else can explain it a little better. I'm tired and it's way past my bedtime. tiredsleep

Ripley is a cool hunt...I'm from Little Falls originally and have been to ripley many times. We usually camp; they have a large area along the road (where the line forms) and guys bring campers, tents, wheelhouses, etc... It does help to have an extra vehicle, and even an extra person (who has a draw permit) to facitate getting a vehicle back in line for the 2nd day. The hunt itself is pretty crazy at times; don't bother if you can't handle some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly walking past you at prime time! It will happen...but if you can keep your cool and sit tight, the odds of seeing some pretty nice bucks is better than darn near anywhere else you'll find. Good luck!