• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowgirl/Mojo XX/DC-10

Cooter

I do know that the blades for DCGs and DC's are .025... Im not sure about Mojo's... I think .040 but I could be wrong... Maybe I'm thinking that Mojo uses .062 instead of .051 for the wire shaft... You can email Luke Breyer and ask...

Thanks much, have any idea about Shumways Giant Flasher? Also, with the success of these baits, how important is overall length? Is it mostly the big double blades or is the overall length also a factor? For instance, is a double #10 bucktail with a length of 13-15" gonna be a better big fish producer than a double #10 bucktail with a length of 8-10"? I won't get into flashabou vs rubber vs marabou - but we could cool

Sorry... no idea about Shumway Giant Flasher...

I believe, with countless other insights in regards to the DB-10's, its the blade that matters the most... the vibration... the thumping...

I believe that the length doesnt matter, its the thump that matters then the overall profile of the lure itself that comes in second...

IMO, I'd rather be fishing DB-10's made with Flashabous and Marabous over rubber... Flashabous and Marabous seems to give out a bigger profile... and they really pulsates... they really do seem to be alive and breathing... but thats just my preference... after all Llungen has a great success with their DC's...

I'll have to disagree with you slightly there Reb. If only those flashers and giant flashers looked in the water like they do puffed out in the air. But alas, the marabou lays down quite a bit. Still a great bait and they've caught us a few fish, but I'll take the silicone every time with its swirling and twirling skirt. We have fished the DCG and the DC almost equally since last August. Ten on the DC and 6 on the DCG, though that could have been other influences while we happen to be throwing one or the other. All 3 great baits.

Thanks guys, if I may ask Luke, why .025"? I'll guess anything heavier would be tough to get started?

.025" blades spin further out from the shaft than the .040" ones do. This gives more thump, but also means more pull. You just have to work a little harder to get the speed out of them.

The thicker ones spin closer to the shaft allowing more speed, but a little less vibration. The thicker ones are also a little harder to get started.

IMO, both blades can have their time and place, and fish eat both of them.