Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minnesota Fats

Chevy TH400 Speedometer seal leak

1 post in this topic

I have a turbo 400 transmission - it appears I have a slow leak at the speedo cable. I think I need a new seal, but I have never changed one - I assume there are 1 or 2 o-rings inside the tranny case where you pull the cable out?

Anyone had any experience doing this? Any tips?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Mike, I have used the brown sugar cure from Curly's to cure a hind leg and it made the best ham I've ever had. They have very detailed instructions on their site, too. I cured it 8 days and it took 18 hours to smoke. Worth every second!   https://web.archive.org/web/20150915234555/https://www18.corecommerce.com/~csk/uploads/file/Smoked Ham or Picnic Recipe(1).pdf
    • i dont use newspaper but use alot of grass clippings. and by late fall there pretty much all rotted away..........good for the garden too!!!!   if you know someone with a lawn care business get ahold of them, i went to a recycling place that takes grass clippings, and in the town i live in anyway, once they get there they dont allow people to come and take them. apparently something to do with potential lawn chemicals. i now get them from the city, they come from the baseball park in town!!!!!
    • Good luck walleye, sorry about the miss, but we all know what a tough road archery hunting can be.   My good friend Dave and I headed to Wisconsin Wednesday afternoon.  We have two tags each. We hunted hard for most of 5 days while enduring some of the worst weather we ever we had to deal with. 40 degrees ain't bad, and a little rain ain't bad, but a hard rain at 40 degrees just plain sucks. Add in some wind and it was pretty miserable.   Wednesday we got to our hunting spot mid afternoon and set up. We weren't intent on spending the evening with plans to scout a bit and get the permission we needed for another farm.  We actually heard a couple gobbles and they seemed to be coming closer, then the rain started.  Do we wait till it quits, or do we leave before it gets worse? Dave said lets get out while we can. Sure enough, as soon as we got out of the blind there was a big tom looking at us.  Game over.  Oh well.   Next morning we were back at this same spot. Nothing going except a lone hen way out, not even a gobble...till 10:00. This bird would gobble and come closer, then gobble as he went farther away. Over and over again.  Finally he showed himself at the end of the field 80 yds out.  He'd gobble then head back into the woods to gobble some more.  In and out like that for what seemed forever. Finally he came back out again and ever so slowly headed our way. Closer and closer, then - "there's another one!"  Another big tom came to see what all the noise was about.  The first one was inching closer and closer, right to the edge of my shooting range. He stopped and lifted his head and turned around. I couldn't wait to see if he'd come closer, a few steps would put him out of range.  My trusty old 870 barked and he was down.  Sweet!  I looked at the clock, it was 11:30. We'd been working this bird for an hour and a half! I later paced it off at 45 yds.  Haven't shot very many beyond that.   The other bird didn't even flinch, he was coming to see why his bud wasn't getting up. Closer and closer till Dave couldn't wait anymore.  He shot. The bird started running, then took flight.  He shot again and that bird was in the woods, never to be seen again.   Two missed opportunities on our first two sits.   Though we hunted hard the next few days and saw some birds, we never had another chance.  Tough, tough hunting.   My bird tipped the scales at just under 24 1/2 lbs. Spurs both right at 1" and pretty sharp, beard just over 10". Probably a 3 year old.
    • Went to the DNR site. Got my tag for area 47 after 4 Years!!  YEA!!   Rockn Randy
    • Lost 40 a few years back. Forget diets, you need an entire lifestyle change. Think of food as either slowly killing you or helping you live longer and healthier. Just because someone is skinny does not mean they are healthy. Personally I stick to a lot of fruits, veggies and wild game, very little carbs, dairy, beef or pork. Not that I don't love ribs, steak & the like but it's not a regular meal. After a while you don't really miss the bad stuff because you feel so much better.   Let me guess, you sell diet supplements in on of those pyramid scheme multi level marketer deals.
    • Old newspapers and grass clippings. The problem with wood mulch is it will still be there in the fall when you want to till the garden.
    •   Best thing I've seen is just old newspapers.      
    • I wanna mulch around my tomatos and peppers this year to keep the dirt from splashing all over them. Was wondering if its bad for them. Was gonna use cedar but was hoping for some advice.
    • Have both a Habanero and a Ghost Pepper in this years garden.   
    • I may have to pick some up I never had time to start my seeds indoors this year
  • Our Sponsors