• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish at Coon Rapids Dam

Saltydog

I am looking to go catfishing below the Coon Rapids dam on Saturday. I have only been there once, but only during the week. Does it get really crowded there on the weekend? If so, are there any other local spots to go for catfish?

Yes, it can get crowded below the dam on weekend, and you might encounter what I call "combat fishing" when 10 people are trying to cast to the same spot. Without giving away any spots, almost the entire length of the Mississippi hold cats, so anywhere should be fine.

"Combat fishing" I love it! I run into that regularly now whenever I am on the local lakes....There's so much water to be fished but some fisherman still feel the need to anchor up right in my trolling path etc. I'd rather deal with barge traffic. Getting back on topic, that stretch is nice....I recommend staying active and don't be afraid to move spots if the bite isn't on. Should be a great weekend for some shore fishing. Good luck!