Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bbqhead

solana loop

it doesn't look like the map on the DNR site has been updated to show that it is.

Try calling the Moose Lake DNR office to see if they have any updates. That would be your best source of info.

Ah---the Solana loop, spent many hours on the ground GPS'ing the route last fall and this spring. The EAW is being completed and should be out for public comment soon. Would be nice to have constuction started this fall but time will tell. The Solana forest is in the Grand Rapids DNR Trails and Waterways area.

the one i was looking at is by moose lake actually in pine

county. the dnr says the 13 mile loop will be done in 2008.

this is to connect to the trails already in the forest.

will have to keep checking the DNR site.

thanks

randy

ok, i am in denham right on the soo line. was hoping we could

take the soo line down and get into the forest and check out

some new bow hunting areas.we used to hunt mcandrews, but they

logged out all the good hunting areas.

thanks

randy

I'm surprised this trail is in the Grand Rapids Trails and Waterways Div. It's a lot closer to Moose Lake.

Either way, the contact info on the DNR site is for GR:

MN DNR T & W

Grand Rapids Area Office

(218) 999-7920

the way i understood it, was suppose to connect the soo

with the solana trail system. kinda between denham and

the red top. i suppose they changed that too... i will

email them monday and report back.

randy

thanks kupman! looks to be about 15 miles west of my property.

a short little ride! i will check tomorrow and see if it is

open yet.

randy

bbqhead---if you call the Dnr at 218-999-7920, Connie will likely direct your call to Rick at 999-7926 for any info on the solana area trails.