• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Docks??

zepman

I was wondering if it is best to fish docks in the evening on the sunny side of the lake or the part that receives the shade first? I seem to always find myself fishing (docks included) on the shaded parts of the lake in the evenings when maybe I should be spending more time in the sun? Any suggestions on this?

Docks are cover, and fish will be on them just about any time. I prefer to fish the ones in the sun as the sun tends to hold the fish in the shaded areas. Makes them a little more predictable. However, that said, you can catch plenty of fish on a shaded bank or when its overcast. The fish are just not as predicable as to where they will be in my opinion. The good news to fishing areas like that, you can usually fish those areas faster with baits like spinnerbaits/chatterbiats, jigs and cranks... rather than having to skip under into the shade.

Great point Deitz,

I always seem to be going to docks that have sun with shade under them. Seems like the bass tuck themselves under the dock where there is shade, vs the shaded side where they are going to be moving around and not tight under the docks.

I had a pretty good day last Tues on Tonka skipping the shady side docks. Lost a pig per usual, but did get a 18.25" Smallie! I know - Smallie, but there it was and a handfull of 14-16" largies.

Some docks had nothing while some had a few. Went to the sunny side and caught a couple, but then sun was going down fast. I think they are all over right now.