• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Insurance Windsheild Replacement

BigWadeS

Question

So tonight I am driving home and hit a silly crow and cracked my windshield. I will be calling my agent in the morning to see if and what kind of glass rider we have, but do most companies allow a free replacemetn windshield? Thanks for the input

14 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure you need glass coverage. If your still making payments on your vehicle, your loan may specify full coverage in which case your probably OK.

Good luck.

thanks guys, too lazy to dig for the paper work, I know last winter we had a window broke due to vanalism at the park and ride where my wife takes the bus and it was covered with no out of pocket, not sure if a dang bird causing a crack woudl be the same or not

I have american family and I have free glass, I don't know of any limit per year. 2 years ago I had 3 windshields replaced in my pickup and 2 of them were 3 weeks apart. Didn't cost me a dime.

Good Luck

Most insurance companies will pay for you to go in and get a chip fixed for free. My Am Fam agent told me to just give him a call and then go in and get it filled. If its not too bad and you don't have zero deductible glass it might be worth the phone call to save some money for a whole new windsheild.

A few years ago I needed to have my windshield replaced twice in one year. I didn't have my second one done as the agent explained to me that my rates would go up if I did.

Go figure.

Hitting a bird might come under your comprehensive like a deer does.

I would think it should be covered. Have to call and see thought.

Harvey, that bites. Don't you love how they have no problem taking your premiums from you but when you need it "Your rates will go up". Shame on you for using what you pay for.

Hitting a bird might come under your comprehensive like a deer does.

It should definitely go under comprehensive from the way I understand it. I had my windshield replaced twice within the first year I bought my truck new, and there were no issues as far as only covering one in a year or my rates going up.