• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pennington??

UdeLakeTom

Pennington was released Thursday, ending the quarterback's eight-year, injury-plagued career with the Jets. He was expected to find a new home soon: Minnesota and Miami were mentioned as possible destinations. smirk

pennington couldn't throw the longball in his prime...but he's smart and accurate.

if we could get him on the cheap i'd rather have him as a backup then gus.

when teams stack the box other plays work great besides just the longball if you have a qb that can put them on the money.

any qb that plays for us should be drooling...it doesn't get any easier.

He is a very smart QB, great at reading the defenses. It was mentioned earlier, if there are 8 guys in the box protecting the run we don't need a deep ball, we need an acurate 15yd pass. The biggest problem though is injuries.

I agree--Pennington is smart and he's needed to be to last this long in the league(limited skills). I would like to see the Vikes take a chance with him though. I think he's better than Gus and could see him doing really well for the Vikes.