• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Purple fringed-orchid, revisited....

Steve came over, and without a storm limiting our time in the swamp, we found a few more orchids and took some shots. Never ceases to amaze me - every time I go on a shoot with Steve, I learn something new. Today it was technique for getting flowers in focus - basically the flowers don't move - you do! It works! Anyway, a couple more shots. I'm sure Steve will have some to post once his dinosaur computer gets done uploading. grin

NPFO8.jpg

NPFO7.jpg

NPFO2.jpg

NPFO11.jpg

All done with the Canon 40D and the 100 mm 2.8 macro.

Hey Ken, thanks for showing me the location! Small purple fringed-orchids are occasional to common up here, but they are mighty pretty, and I wasn't happy with my earlier images of this flower. Gooooood stuff! gringrin

All with the Canon 30D and Canon 100 f2.8 macro

Loose can be good!

iso200, 1/100 at f2.8, handheld

2741612703_dd12dd9e4b_o.jpg

Peeking out

iso400, 1/50 at f14, tripod, remote shutter release

2742448102_11f841272f_o.jpg

Partners

iso400, 1/50 at f2.8, handheld

2742448920_c4d9cec074_o.jpg

Just tryin to make a buddy feel better when a fly invades the simple beauty of a flower composition. gringrin

The primary difference between the comps Dan mentioned from Ken and I (aside from the slight change in angle) are that I cloned out a bunch of what I considered distracting OOF flower elements to get an uncluttered comp, and Ken chose to preserve an au naturale feel.

Hey we're both fairly pregnant at that! So you all know, we got that deep green/black background when the sun was on the scene by one of us standing to shade the background while the other made the shot.

More than one way to skin an orchid. gringrin

wildflowers in August! I thought you had to go to the mountains to see that.

Go check out a native prairie right now. You'll be amazed at what's blooming.

Nice shots guys. I love photos of wild flowers.