• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Meramac River

What's the fishing like in this river in the Eureka area?

What species are present?

Was also considering doing some backwater fishing on the Mississippi north of St. Charles....anyone fish up there?

thanks Barry, I thought I had your email address from back in the spring...but for some reason can't find it.

My brother in law is looking for some bank fishing spots on the Meramac...lives in Eureka. He has a deep V boat but he seems to think his boat is too big for that river. Do you have ideas?

I've mentioned your offer on Mark Twain lake...but they just moved into a new house and are now just starting to slow down a little. smile

I'm just getting ready to move! I'm hoping to go fishing during the week after Labor Day. I should be in the new house by then. I haven't been on the water since b4 Memorial Day...I'm DYIN!

vicbar15 at m s n . c o m

Catfish are hot on the meramac try baby sunfish on the bottom a lot of decent size boats trvl on meramac. I would launch at George Winter park in Fenton head right about a half mile and go back into the barge coves and hang on to the pole some big cats down there. He could also go a couple more miles down the river and connect to the Missippi current not to bad in that area good practice. For those catfish also use cut bait like cut asian carp sides and cut chunks of drum or big whole shad if he knows how to catch bait all that stuff works real good. I live in Saint Louis and would be more than happy to let you know of other good spots Missouri is a great state to fish when your looking for bass and catfish. gotta go [email protected]