• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your opinion

I have just posted in the womens forum about leaving my job blah blah blah and my daughter wants the two of us to do portraits together only there is a catch (a darker side of Brittney)and I think it will really draw in the younger generation of customers. I have been really considering photography (especially since my hubby gave the go ahead) I've posted some of my daughters work she uses both make up and photoshop and I have many many many digital backgrounds to add to them. I would like your opinion as to weather or not you think this could work. Remember down here there are some really creepy people.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1484129/I_must_confess#Post1484129

DeeDee, no reason why it couldn't be a workable niche within portrait photography.

There are "creepy" people everywhere, but the fact that you live in a well populated area, with major cities not that far away (Florida isn't a large state) means that you'll have a much larger customer base to draw on. That will be important, because the number of people who want such portraits taken probably will be a fairly small percentage of the population.

I figured they would be around the ages of 17-22. She doesnt want to focus on just creepy things, she does a great job with makeup her friends all come to her for prom, ect. So she wants to do the make up for glamour shots mostly.

I hear ya on FL being well populated. Maybe its the fact that were all so close together that it seems there are far more creepy people then there really are.

Cant forget all the seniors here from up north grin

I think it could work, but like any business it's all going to depend on how much and how well you market the business. You may want to hire someone, or maybe take some marketing classes yourself to help get you going.

I envy you Dee Dee. I've always wanted to go into business for myself but haven't found anything that I feel would make it in my area. Good Luck to you. We'll all be pulling or you!

Thank you so much. Normally I wouldnt have the .....'s to try it but I searched the area and there is only 1 photographer in the immediate area besides walmart. Your vote of confidence really means alot.