• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar for boat use

jigjigsk

Question

looking at purchasing vexilar for ice fishing, but want to know how people like them for using in the boat. I know you can purchse high spped transducer. would like some feedback. want to use vexilar year around. thanks!!!

5 answers to this question

If you wish to use the Vexilar year around consider buying the Pro Pack Deluxe.

This will be the best buy an will give you the whole enchilada for winter and summer boat use. Duel transducers, wiring, mounting hardwear, plus the full Pro Pack charger system along with all the key toys you will need for winter.

I do like the Vexilar for use in all seasons. Rumor has it the new Vexilars will be more day light friendly for viewing so ask for the new style if it is now available to the public.

I just ordered the new Deluxe Pro Pack and hope to get the new upgrade from the factory rep.

This package is certainly the best buy I know of for a 4 season system.

BE....><,,>

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
"ED ON THE RED"
1-701-671-3079

I received the new Vexilar last week and am very pleased with the visibility in strong sun, much better that the older models. The appearance of this unit is the same as the FL-8 SLT just a few new tweaks internally that enhances overall preformance.

The dial is very easy to read in high noon sun in all colors, that is something considering my poor color vision. I still prefer to wear a good pair of polarized eye wear on the ice and water if for no other reason than to protect my vision an reduce eye fatigue.

I still think if you choose a Vexilar FL-8 you will be very pleased in it's all season use.

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
"ED ON THE RED"
1-701-671-3079

I have a "Hondex" which is the same as the Vexilar. I use mine year round and it is a great addition to the boat. My Hondex has saved me in the weeds and certain conditions when my LCD did not work properly. I have a permanent transducer attached to the boat and a Johnny Ray mount. Works slick.