• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mille Lacs?

TMF89

Hey guys, doing a 3-day end of the year before college trip with the guys, and I'm hoping to make it great. So what are the muskies biting on? Where're they at? As in specifics (reefs, weed beds, flats, etc) and what part of the lake? Any other tips you guys have? Thanks as always guys!

Boy, I sure hope it picks up soon. The fish are there but success has been spotty for most. No real pattern that I'm aware of right now. I'm more and more convinced that we have less control over whether we catch fish over a given short period of time than we like ot think. It's all about timing. Sure you need to be persistent and creative and try lots of stuff, but there are just days you're not going to get 'em no matter what you do. And hopefully you run into that day or two when you can't seem to do anything wrong and get bit several times. Those days are too few and far between unfortunately.

Mille Lacs has really had a difficult bite this summer. My personal opinion is that many of the fish are still in open water. I've been having alot of success open water trolling on many of the other area lakes. Shoreline and structure fish are either coming at night, or they're coming at sun and moon peak times. Of course, open water trolling on Mille Lacs opens up a whole new can of worms...!

Just curious....... Any word of the launches or walleye guys catching any muskies out on the flats? 100,000+ acres of no mans land would be tough to cover, that's for sure!

Last time out there we thought about killin some time mid-day on the flats for walleyes, but couldn't bring ourselves to do it. Hunter says next time we do he's going to throw some big dawgs down there. You know there's some pigs lurking around there somewhere, but talk about your needle in a haystack.