• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thieves Steal Boat Fuel Near Mankato

bd477

Quote:
MANKATO, Minn. (AP) ― The one that got away isn't a fish at the Lone Pine Inn on Madison Lake near Mankato. It's a gasoline thief.

Angler Curt Schueneman says the fuel from his boat and others has been stolen twice this summer, most recently on Sunday night.

He suspects the thieves, or thief, is coming in from the lake late at night and siphoning gas to use in their own boat.

He thinks that because if the thieves drove up the gravel road to the lodge, someone would hear them. And since boat fuel is a mixture of gasoline and oil, it can't be used in cars and trucks.

Sheriff's Deputy Rich Murry says there haven't been other reports of fuel thefts on Blue Earth County lakes.

Schueneman says that until the thefts stop, he's planning to keep locking his fuel tank up in his shed when he's done fishing.

http://wcco.com/crime/thieves.boat.fuel.2.789383.html

Well I guess nothing is safe anymore. Even with the price of gas dropping people still feel the need to steal gas.

If you can't afford the gas, just keep your butt at home.

I have also heard this from resorts in the nestor falls, ont. area. Guy are pulling in with trolling motors late at night and siphoning gas from one boat to another.

It sucks that people have to stoop so low.

Yeah that is pretty sad. So far this summer I got my gas line for my boat stolen out of my back yard and my wire harness snipped off at the landing. I can't believe it that times are that tough. Wait until gas gets higher, you will hear of people getting robbed before you can get the gas in your tank.

Those low life people have been around since the beginning of time.stealing fuel is nothing new for thieves.and any other things they can see. There are worse thimgs they can steal, like the whole boat.

Those low life people have been around since the beginning of time.stealing fuel is nothing new for thieves.and any other things they can see. There are worse thimgs they can steal, like the whole boat.

Don't give them any ideas.

The people who steal might be lurking on the boards here trying to figure out what and where they can steal next.