• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

over under gunsmith

John Okabu. Not sure where he is anymore. Wish I knew. He used to be based out of Thorne Bros but moved. I thought that I heard he moved north of there someplace but I'm not sure of where. Used him for years on several guns and he did great work at a reasonable price. Haven't seen him in four years now.

for some reason, I always seem to forget about Ahlman's. That would be a great option. I will swing in there the next time I head south of the cities...........maybe even put in some trigger time if I can get the dust off the reloading equipment

Thanks Fellas

Picks....what exactly do you need done? Is the gun working and just needs a cleaning? I've shot Beretta's for years and can strip one down (right down to removing and cleaning ejectors) and put it back together no problem. If all you need to know is how to get it apart to clean it properly I could help you out. No need to pay for something that somebody will teach you to do for free.

Yes that is what I need done, 10 years of pheasant and grouse hunting has it pretty dusty and cruddy in there I am sure. SO yes I need to know how to take it apart and get it all back together. I can break down my 870 and other rifles and handguns (except the 1911) and clean them but the idea of goofing up on my over under scares me

How far down can you take it apart right now? Do you know how to take the barrels forearm and barrles off? The reason I ask is there isn't much more to cleaning the receiver than taking the barrles off and wiping it out. The only slightly difficult stuff on a o/u is taking off the trigger group and removing the the extractors. The extractors are easy once somone shows you, and the trigger group is dependent on having the right tools. Regardless, if you'd like to meet up I'd be more than happy to show you how to do it. If you're interested shoot me an email at [email protected]