• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Visiting family in MN from California, looking for bass info

dan sexton

Hello everybody,

It has been a while visiting this forum. I see a few names that have been sticking out the "pan-fish" we love-Bass. Bass fishing has been super non-stop action here in Northern California for me.

I will be visiting my family August 21st to the 23rd. Not a lot of time, but I rarely go 3 days without fishing for bass EVER (year-round)! My dad recently moved to Rogers (between Osseo and Rogers) and I was wondering if anyone would like to have me pre-fish a lake within that area for an upcoming tournament you may be having? Otherwise, my Mom lives in St.Louis Park and I will just spend a couple of days on 'Tonka. I just like trying new water, it's a cool adventure.

I just went fishing yesterday at the California Delta. I mostly caught buzzbait fish (about 10 fish with the biggest at 3 lbs) because the tide was higher and the grass was slightly submerged. My partner caught a 4lb on a crankbait (Lucky Craft BDS #3, in the "Mad Craw" color). We did catch senko fish (6" green Pumpkin, weight-less, weedless) and I flipped (1/4" oz. screw-lock, 3/o hook, 25# Seagur line, bluegill color "Ika") 3 fish in the grass (millfoil).

Maybe I will see one of you guys on your home lake in a few weeks.

Rip a lip!

Dan

hey dan,

small world. i was just on a california site, and though i'd check in on the bass guys at my second home.

good luck in MN, maybe i'll see ya on the water sometime on teh west coast. i try to hit melones once a month.(gas prices have kept me away a bit).

I guess know one knows anything about the lakes around Rogers or Osseo. I went to lake Don Pedro last night (launched at Moccassin). Man! the water is dropping fast. They moved all the house boats in the river arm and took the 5MPH almost to the bridge. I have a Poe Man's tourney tonight at Pedro and another club event (Stanislaus Bass Club) on Saturday night, also at Pedro.

I will be at New Melonies next month. over 700 post since '06. Do you frequent Western Bass? What is your name their, if you do?

Dan

You have the Mississippi up there. Normally I'm driving through Rogers so I know nothing bout any lakes around there. But the Sippi - smallie mecca! You may need to wade though - it's pretty low.

hey dan,

never checked western bass, i'm a fishsniffer.

i'll second the mississippi. i used to fish it in the southern mn area(winona). tons of smallies, nice backwater largies. plus, you just never know what you're gonna hook into. kinda like the delta, minus the tide.

Hey Dan,

Good to see you still post. We fished last time you were in MN(3-4 years ago on the 4th of July). I still use the drop shot and just got my latest order of Robo Worms, thanks for showing me. I would offer to take you out but I will be on Lake Vermillion for a B.A.S.S tourney in the weekend series those dates. I hope you find someone to take you out.

If you have an open seat guys Dan is a good guy. It is fun to get a diff perspective. Also a good stick.

Good Fishing!!

John,

Thanks for the kind words! How are you doing in BASS? I hope business is well.

Just got done filming a show at the California Delta and Clear Lake, with Randy Jones (Randy Jones Strike Zone on the Outdoor Channel) this last June along with Dennis Green (yes, the coach). Real cool experience. Dennis is very passionate about fishing, and a super individual!

Too bad you won't be available on this trip. I have'nt been back since the July 4th trip. Maybe next time. Or, you will have to plan a trip to California during the cold months and help me catch some drop-shot fish and on a "new" technique that has taken it's place (beleive that??)

As far as fishing on this trip. I will be fishing with my brother and Dad at Tonka, we'll just drift with the Valco. I have to get those guys a boat with a Minn Kota!

Stay in touch,

Dan