• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bag Balm for labs front elbows??

surfs

I believe that this has been cover somewhere but I've looked through the last 25 pages and couldn't find anything on the topic. What are you doing to get hair to grow back on the elbows of dogs? Anyone ever use bag balm and what have been the results? Granted I know what the causes are but just curious if there is a way to curb it or to get the elbows to look a little better before they get worse.

Thanks!

63 views and no response....I thought for sure there would be a couple of people that would have an opinion on how to improve there dogs elbows when they get all dry and calused....hasn't anyones dog gotten to the point where it's cracks and sometimes bleeds because it's so dry in that area? I just want to know if there is another way to treat other then the product, bag balm....which is similar to a petroleum type product.

Hope to hear from someone.

i have a cream that i got from my vet to prevent the skin on the elbow from cracking. it's just like the bag balm. basically just keep something on it to keep it moist so it doesn't crack.

I use bag balm all the time on my dogs when hunting. It's effective and cheap (from Fleet Farm). It helps with cuts and abraisions from the field. When I do week long hunts I put it on every night religiously to keep the dog from bloodying up. I don't don't go through the trouble of putting it on their elbows. In my opinion dogs that lays on rough surfaces are just going to be bald there. No big deal. I don't think it will regrow hair, but if it make sure to reply here and I'll start using it on myself. smile