Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigWadeS

PWT Shutting Down

17 posts in this topic

Anyone else hear this? I just saw that after the final 3 events the PWT that started in 1989 will no longer be...what a sad day

They've been talking about that for a couple of years but there could be something new. (so I've heard)

wHY IS THAT. WHAT HAPPENED.

Loss of Lund/Mercury, slow economy, shrinking fishing market, etc.

I believe the AIM tourney trail starts next year, along with the FLW.

I thought it might hold on for another year or two, but I guess not.

I never knew they were goign to be shutting it down. Thats to bad for the guys that were in it for the time.

Sounds like there will be a new one started up from what I heard today.

so there thinking of having a new trail, or there is new people that are going to start a new trail?

Everything has it's cycle. Looks like PWT is following it's parent organization, my favorite InFisherman, which has been getting skinnier and skinnier each year....

so there thinking of having a new trail, or there is new people that are going to start a new trail?

If you google Walleyefan (HSOforum), you can look through stories about AIM-the new tour for next year.

Shorelunch-

Do you know if hsolist is still going to be involved? if so at what capacity?

Shorelunch-

Do you know if hsolist is still going to be involved? if so at what capacity?

No idea. He's heading the PWT for the remainder of the year I guess. He did ice TV this year, maybe he'll take a larger TV role - or maybe not . . .

Just thought you may know...

I'm sure Chip will land on his feet somewhere. wink

Just thought you may know...

I'm sure Chip will land on his feet somewhere. wink

IMO, Chip should go back to Fishing the Wildside. He showed me around his facilities in Walker right before he left. Well run with good input and personnel from what I saw. He had a good thing going with the online magazine and fishing shows. Just needed to find a way to market it better and turn a buck on it. Everyone else is cashing in on ice fishing and he should too...he's plenty good at it....but I suppose, when InFisherman comes calling, you don't turn them down.