• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trailer Tire Maintenance

NCLaker

I live on a lake, so the only time I use my trailer is once in the spring and once in the fall. The tires seem to be in great condition and want to keep them that way. What should I be doing to make sure it stays that way?

I have seen tires with brutal dry rot - I don't know what causes this or any other issues from limited use, but want to be proactive.

Over the winter I keep the trailer and boat in my garage w/ concrete floor (usually gets no colder than about 40 degrees. In the summer it stays unloaded in my brother-in-law's pole barn that has a dirt/gravel floor.

Thanks!

In the summer I would jack the trailer up and rest the axle on blocks - that way you're keeping the load off the tires. If it's inside a building and sun getting to them isn't an issue I think you should be in good shape.

marine_man

Is there a conditioner that one could use to help prevent cracking and such? Might be good for other tires too like lawn mowers, ATVs, etc.

Bob