• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just a little sleepy this morning, I'm guessing Nathan is too!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude,

Might have something to do with the fact that the Cubs have been broadcasted for free over WGN since the beginning of time and the only channel all the hayseeds and cheddarheads could get was Channel 9 on their 13 inch black and white Sylvania's with the broken rabbit ears and the aluminum foil on the broken ear. Along with their 12 pack of Old Style and their pickled pigs feet in their Frigidares! That might be why you have so many Cubs fans around the world. Then again, you might say there is no accounting for taste, as well! LOL

Windy

That's right dude,

Not really meant for you, more for Geno, but since you started the conversation I thought I would include you. I am sure Geno will come back with some witty retort. Cubs and Sox fans have been doing it for years..it's in our blood! Kind of like the Hatfields and McCoys. It usually keeps you entertained during the long stretches when your team is in the process of getting shelled or losing your lead, which we are plenty used to here in the Windy city, on both sides of town!

Windy

Witty retort #1: Cubs WSox

Ytd attendance 2.7 Mill 2.0 Mill

Avg attendance 42k 30k

Witty retort #2:

Not on free tv too? C'mon....no selective memory when trying to retort please.

You are nearly as old as me and I'm sure you remember summers in Chi-town as a youngster when the Cubs were broadcast days on WGN and then WSox at nights.

Your logic doesn't make sense unless you are trying to say that WSox fans just cannot afford free tv.

Do not blame anyone but "Reinhorn" etal. who brought about Sportschannel and took the WSox off free TV. Or was it that they put them on Ch 44 and since WSox fans could not afford UHF that then accounts for the disparity?

Keep slingin' it Windy.....we always will keep the discussion lively that way.

I knew that would get your creative juices flowing, Geno. So you think that Jack Brickhouse and the 50,000 watt mega channel going out to Iowa and the rest of the midwest did not influence people viewing habits vs Jack Drees in his rain coat on Ch 44 or 32 or whatever, telling us to drink Falstaff beer? LOL

Windy

And that beer? The Bear...and the Beer or just the bear (relly didn't rival Yogi much though).

Never mind...just rehashing old post info, I know.

Besides, I don't wanna hear anymore how you'd prefer Blue Moon....hate that stuff. I been workin' Beck's Dark lately...mmmm mmmm. But if you put a Hamms in front of me, well, nostalgia would rule!

Or six bottles maybe?

If I had a nickel for every time I spent $3 for a $1 bottle in front of me, just THIS weekend, I'd have been less of a drunk and much wealthier....lonelier, but wealthier...but we all know money can't buy happiness.