Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USPENAMC

do you hunt 157

4 posts in this topic

do you hunt 157 what stories do you have.

I can tell you my first ever Doe and Buck have come from 157 state forest. I have gone to the same place since i started deer hunting in 2003. my father got his first deer in this area too. were hoping my brother (15) gets his first deer here too.

i might go bow hunting in this area too.

I hunt the western most edge of 157, Infact I think I have the western most stand in the area. That being said I can say that the dnr deer count is WAY off. If they say that you can kill 5 deer per guy, than I am missing something. IMO there just not that many deer around. Hunting is good, dont get me wrong, it is just not what it was 10 years ago.

you are right on that NEIGHBOR_GUY We never come away empty but we maybe get 1 deer maybe 2 for the whole hunting party. and i am talking two weekends of hunting between 3 to 6 people. I dont see that many deer. usually what we see is what we take.

I have hunted 157 for 28 years. Sure,there are some deer around. But to make it a five deer zone is just plain insane. I only saw three deer all last year. Now with the DNR changing the rules this year, I only see bad things coming. For example: When the groups are done hunting Old Zone 2, they all can move right into Zone l to finish off the season.

I have 320 acres, and it has slowly been going down hill each year.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• My only concern is the timing of all of this. We seem to be loading up for a run in the next year or two but the Warriors are still sitting there stacked beyond belief.  Can we add enough and develop our young guys enough to be a legit threat to the Warriors.  Lebron, Irving, and Love barely made the Warriors break a sweat in the finals.  I'd like to see them time their final acquisitions to correspond with the end of the Warriors run. 
    • Maybe line up all the non-compliant VW's and gas 'em all out with diesel fumes. 
    • Glad Lavine is gone! Added nothing but slam dunks to the team. I've been out of town for the past week, so I was very delighted to hear about this trade today.
    • Not unless they ban the toothpick crossbow here too. Takes those beetles out clean.   
    • That's called seasoning. Two years ago I took a trip to Germany and we spent a few days in the black forest where I got to see some authentic old world smoke houses dating back to the 1500's and the amount of buildup on the walls, hooks, poles etc is part of what gives their hams,bacon and sausage their flavor. They use juniper wood for smoking. Absolutely delicious.  But yeah, foil, Pam and other things can help. You can also use a power washer to clean them.
    •   "We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that."   Thanks for making my nite.  
    • Also woodpeckers beat on stuff to mark their territory.   I am pretty sure that there aren't any bugs on my metal downspouts.
    • You will often discover that birds are picking very small insects from decks and other woodwork around your house;  they do the same with trees and any other structure that might hold the bugs. We see them often on our decks and they usually pick a little bit and then move on,  perhaps just checking to see if there is anything edible there. These rascals also love hummingbird or oriole nectar, sunflower seeds and of course suet in winter. We have discovered  many species that will head straight for the nectar for orioles or hummingbirds and also plunge their beaks eagerly into the grape jam bowls orioles love. Birds will eat a greater variety than you might think. We have found they do not like limburger cheese, hot dogs, or Makers Mark bourbon.  I am thankful for that.
    • And pretty soon there'll be little chinese restaurants springing up everywhere...there goes the neighborhood. 
  • Our Sponsors