• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple of unusual birds....

finnbay

Not because they're strange, but because of other factors. First, an immature blue jay. Lots of young birds have been showing up at my feeders, including several young blue jays without the adult crest:

Hummer1.jpg

Hummer4.jpg

And, this morning I heard an eagle screaming between the house and the lake, so grabbed the camera and headed out the back door. Eventually I found two of 'em sitting in a tree by the lake, but couldn't get into position to get any photos. While I was standing there watching the eagles, I looked up and saw this guy sitting there looking down at me:

Hummer2.jpg

Hummer3.jpg

You know over the last few weeks I noticed an uptick in bird counts at the feeders. I am finnally going through seed on something other than grackles. Lot of young birds that do look funny. I never seem to be able to photograph them very often though.