Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finnbay

A couple of unusual birds....

6 posts in this topic

Not because they're strange, but because of other factors. First, an immature blue jay. Lots of young birds have been showing up at my feeders, including several young blue jays without the adult crest:

Hummer1.jpg

Hummer4.jpg

And, this morning I heard an eagle screaming between the house and the lake, so grabbed the camera and headed out the back door. Eventually I found two of 'em sitting in a tree by the lake, but couldn't get into position to get any photos. While I was standing there watching the eagles, I looked up and saw this guy sitting there looking down at me:

Hummer2.jpg

Hummer3.jpg

Great captures, but that first immature Jay, sure is goofy looking without his crest.

You know over the last few weeks I noticed an uptick in bird counts at the feeders. I am finnally going through seed on something other than grackles. Lot of young birds that do look funny. I never seem to be able to photograph them very often though.

I like that first Blue Jay image... the black BG compliments the black in the birds feathers.

I like those Jay photos as well, that background makes them really stand out!