• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Couple of Shout Outs

TODDY

I was out on Sunday and had a great on the water (West Metro). Many larger fish caught (17lb 12oz for the top 5 combined) on a wide variety of techniques.

First, thanks Dietz for the heads up on the Stand Out Drop Shot hooks. They worked great and were a little sturdier than the finer wired hooks I was using.

Second, thanks RK for the posting "more like an article" on color selection. (Great Read!!) Lately, I've gotten away from the clear plastics like smoke and such and have really become a fan of Baby Bass and the greens. I remembered the post you made about color and kept an open mind......ultra clear water...I tried Smoke. Both worked well however Smoke worked better for the larger bass in the morning and Baby Bass for the larger bassin the afternoon. Largest fish of the day was 4 lb 5oz. Many, many fish in the 2-1/2 - 3-1/2 lb range. Thanks again guys!

TODDY

I hope the link came through. I use the advanced search option A LOT on this HSOforum for real specifics I'm looking for....priceless, as a lot of good info comes across this site.

Pictures? None to be had unfortunately but should have at least used my camera phone....geez I'm an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly sometimes....but I was in the "zone", no time for photos anyway! smile Iknow, I know..."All fisherman are liars except you and me...." You'll just have to take my word on the fish. smile

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I have one of those digital lip scales for weighing some of the fish I catch....no good, VERY INCONSISTANT! Invested in a small freight scale and couldn't be happier. Accurate to within a half ounce and I've tested it to be sure it's right on. I carry it in a small Rubbermaid tub and then use the tub to hold the fish in on the scale when in use. Zero the tub, put the fish in the tub, instant ACCURATE weight.

By the way, the fish were stacked deep in classic spots like outside and inside weedline corners. With the strong wind I used a marker buoy to mark precise spots and then just had to concentrate on keeping within casting distance from it. I use a GPS a lot for this but it's on the fritz so until I get a new one, it's back to the old fashioned way.

How did everyone else do?

TODDY