• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shop for reel maintenance in Twin Cities needed!

Katman

The gf got some sand in one of my reels. I've never taken a reel apart except for the spool. Is there a shop by the twin cities I can take my reel in to get cleaned up? Any help will do. Thanks!

How bad is it? Shimano has a great couple of tutorials for cleaning and relubing your own reels. It isn't hard to do at all, at least in my opinion. If you can take a spool out, you can probably take one apart and get it back together.

What kind of reel?

I'm no, handy man, but I'm pretty comfortable with routine maintenance on a Stradic and down, with Schematics. If anything else, use digital camera and take pictures along the way. I know I probably should, especially getting distracted and forgetting what goes where.

OH......so it seems like she got sand in my baitcaster too. When I turn the handle, I can hear a bit of sand in there..crunching. Handed her the rod when we reached shore and she dropped the rods onto the ground....with nice dry sand. I didn't see it till I got home.