• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Map Software - Baileys Harbor

I have a Eagle 503c - GPS stand alone. I put the great lakes navionics SD chip in there - and I love it.

I live next to Lk. Superior, and it does a good job here, but last month, it did really well for us out of Bailey's Harbor.

Good luck.

The last few years I've used the Navionics Hotmaps Premier chip (North) and it does a decent job of showing depth soundings, but this year I picked up the newest Lakemaster WI chip and it has depth contours. Easier to see the "structure" of the bottom.

I didn't notice too much of a difference in using the LkM chip, but only because I pretty much went off my waypoints. But if you're new to fishing the area, it does a decent job of showing some of the shallow humps, deep slots and shelves that can be found around Door County.

"buying everything to get the boat ready"... Sounds like you might not have enough money for a new chip!! smile You can also study paper maps that show contours and find them on your plotter by Lat/Lon Coords.

Have fun! It's definitely a blast to get rigged up, but you never feel like you are completely done...

smile you got that right!! But I got the OK from the boss so I gotta get on it before she changes her mind!! HA!! Getting a kicker will be the biggest issue I may run into!!

THX for the all the info, I appreciate it!!