• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flats Flats Flats (several pics)

Tyler Holm

Wow, that's a sweet fish. I'm thinking for august fish maybe we need to move over to the 'sippi. Slow around these parts. Though it's apparent that if you know where to go, you can catch the 40 and 50 pounders here still, they did in the belle plaine contest.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This brings up a great question for the KOTC!

I figure since the fish where caught on separate days, could it be registered as two flats?

To me Eric’s fish are two separate catches. Thus qualifying him for having caught 2 50’s this season.

Great job dude and nice fish(s).

OK, Thanks!

Now, Brian? What is the calculation (chances) of getting the same 50 plus pounder in a weeks time frame or so. As far as I know, it has never happened, or has it?

I would say calculating my average, it is in the millions to one grin.

Actually the odds are probably not that high. It has happened to countless people on this site and others.

Law of averages dictate the fish find a home, fish need to eat. Fisherman catches fish, fisherman returns fish back to water, fish returns home, fish needs to eat, fisherman catches fish.

Now it would be highly unlikely that this fish will be caught again. I'm willing to bet that after the second time it will decide to move on. That fish probably would not have been caught using the same bait in such a short time.

But then again, the Cats can be a little thick...

And the Cat fisherman...... a lot thicker.

Ya, I think D30 has mentioned about people chasing the same fish in a certain areas before.

Thanks LFC!

One of these days though, one of these day grin!

Got to keep on going wink!