• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flats Flats Flats (several pics)

Tyler Holm

I'm gonna make the text brief and let the pictures do the talkin.

10 minutes after the first cast - 7lbs 14oz

andy_7.14_flathead1.jpg

Barge came and forced us to spot # 2. Major malfunction with the anchor clip called for a little anchor fishin!

ty_anchor2.jpg

Just under 12lbs

ty_11.10_flathead4.jpg

5-2

ty_5.2_flathead1.jpg

4-10

ty_4.10_flathead1.jpg

OK, Here's the real deal....

Freakin 54lbs 10oz

eric_45.5x29_54.10_flathead8.jpg

eric_45.5x29_54.10_flathead2.jpg

eric_45.5x29_54.10_flathead9.jpg

7-14

ty_7.14_flathead2.jpg

Broke off another fish, and I hooked one while Eric (CrappieGuy) was battling his beast, but it got off after a few cranks. What a sweet double picture that would have been.

Congrats Eric on the monster. Your certainly deserving of it. What an honor to share that moment with you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45.5"x29"

It doesn't jive with the conversion chart and most every other fish I've seen and caught does, but this is the accurate measurement and weight. We put it on 60lb digital scale and a 65lb digital scale. They were both with in a few oz of eachother and the one scale locked in at 57-10 (the other one doesn't lock in a weight). My net weights 3lbs exactly.

45.5"x29"

It doesn't jive with the conversion chart and most every other fish I've seen and caught does, but this is the accurate measurement and weight. We put it on 60lb digital scale and a 65lb digital scale. They were both with in a few oz of eachother and the one scale locked in at 57-10 (the other one doesn't lock in a weight). My net weights 3lbs exactly.

There are some fish that fall out of the calculations that's for sure.

The fish Larry caught on Sat made me scratch my head, we measured, and remeasured.

I was just curious is all.

Congrats to him!

Thanks!

Quote:
It doesn't jive with the conversion chart and most every other fish I've seen and caught does, but this is the accurate measurement and weight.

You hit a point where the "freaks" simply don't jive with a chart, same goes in the muskie world. The head on that fish is unreal, and it almost has shoulders. Carrys that thick girth a large portion of the body!

Quote:
When Eric caught that fish the fog/haze was super thick. There was really nothing I could do with the camera to get rid of the white spots/speckles.

I also hate when the camera frosts up during the winter (very cold in the truck and then you bring it in the shack to take a picture).

Very Nice Post Tyler!

You are a true river rat to go in after an anchor. I sure would for a Richter grin

Great pics!

Very Nice Post Tyler!

You are a true river rat to go in after an anchor. I sure would for a Richter grin

I have a heavy duty clip that is tied to my anchor rope that clips onto the anchor chain. This way I can unclip and change anchors if I need to. Well the dang chain must have doubled back into the clip/snap and somehow freed itself.

How lucky was it that we were only in about 7 FOW. In the hot summertime. No lightning, very light current, etc. I scoured an area the size of a bedroom for about 15 minutes before coming up with the anchor.

Talk about getting a guy pumped up!!

That's a real beaut

Hey wait, I thought someone was out with wing surgery......hmmmm.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Was being the key word here! Actually it is a messed up story, to keep it short, I went in for surgery last monday, they went into my shoulder, had problems, now have to have it done again in a week or so. It finally starting feeling good enough to do some stuff on sunday, we went to the Twins game saw Liriano pitch, and then went cattin' last night. It felt good to set into the first fish of the night too, even if it was just a little guy.

That was the first true 50+ lb cat I have seen and help landed, and man are they just truly in a league of their own when it comes to fight and strength.

Nice fish Mates!

Tyler.... That does it. I'm going anchor diving here in the near future.... I had to cut the rope on one earlier this year. Now that the water has dropped considerably. I can see the snag that it got hooked in. Time to go pawing around to see if I can recover my lost one..

One word of advice..... I used to use clips... No more. I lost a couple the way you did. With a clevis all you need is a sturdy pliers and you can change anchors pretty efficiently.

Great pics for a great night.

Sweet pics, and very nice fish! Hey, let's be honest now...I know you SAID you were just going for anchors, but you were noodling a bit too, weren't you? Hoping just a little bit that one of those big suckers would chomp on your hand?

Was it tyler who was posing in front of that window while we were in the bar up at sturgeon excursion? I think there was more than a shirt that came off, and at one point the other guy who we don't know much said something about a nice butt...can't remember the details, I try to shut that out as much as possible.