• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Millenium Lookalike stand-up jigs & “Bass Candy” Tube Baits.

Question

Finding the right stand-up jig has been a challenge so I am always game to test new jigs to see if they hold up to my needs.

This fall I started testing the Millenium Lookalike stand-up jigs and found a very great jig for walleye, pike, and cats. A sturdy wide gap hook and a reliable stand-up jig that offers a quality brush guard all spell out a winner for late fall walleye or bruiser pike and cats up in the shallows on rivers or lakes.

Walleye & pike were not the only fish suitable to target with the Millennium jig, big cats are no match for the heavy duty wide gap quality hook built into the Millennium jigs.

Many jigs are not built nearly heavy enough to handle the crushing jaws of a sumo channel cat or the power of a monster flathead, but the Lookalike handles them easily and effectively. Whether your feeding cats live baits or cut baits this jig puts the bait in their face so a solid hook-up is a guarantee.

I have had excellent luck rigging the jigs with live baits as well as plastics. For those who are not especially comfortable using frogs for bait I recommend trying the Millennium “Bass Candy” Tube Baits as a bait option, they do a great job of imitating a frog when rigged on a stand-up style jig or a conventional tube jig.

Another plastic bait option worth experimenting with is large 5" shad bodies rigged on the Millennium Lookalike jigs they offer both bulk and action that will draw in sumo fish after dark.

All in all, I would say the Millennium jigs and the “Bass Candy” tube baits are winners and well worth a try this fall on you favorite sumo piggy species near you.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet