Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Millenium Lookalike stand-up jigs & “Bass Candy” Tube Baits.

1 post in this topic

Finding the right stand-up jig has been a challenge so I am always game to test new jigs to see if they hold up to my needs.

This fall I started testing the Millenium Lookalike stand-up jigs and found a very great jig for walleye, pike, and cats. A sturdy wide gap hook and a reliable stand-up jig that offers a quality brush guard all spell out a winner for late fall walleye or bruiser pike and cats up in the shallows on rivers or lakes.

Walleye & pike were not the only fish suitable to target with the Millennium jig, big cats are no match for the heavy duty wide gap quality hook built into the Millennium jigs.

Many jigs are not built nearly heavy enough to handle the crushing jaws of a sumo channel cat or the power of a monster flathead, but the Lookalike handles them easily and effectively. Whether your feeding cats live baits or cut baits this jig puts the bait in their face so a solid hook-up is a guarantee.

I have had excellent luck rigging the jigs with live baits as well as plastics. For those who are not especially comfortable using frogs for bait I recommend trying the Millennium “Bass Candy” Tube Baits as a bait option, they do a great job of imitating a frog when rigged on a stand-up style jig or a conventional tube jig.

Another plastic bait option worth experimenting with is large 5" shad bodies rigged on the Millennium Lookalike jigs they offer both bulk and action that will draw in sumo fish after dark.

All in all, I would say the Millennium jigs and the “Bass Candy” tube baits are winners and well worth a try this fall on you favorite sumo piggy species near you.

Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The walleye have been MIA on the Iowa River around Coralville this fall. It is not the high water, I don't think--high water spots that have worked great in the past have not produced any walleye for me this year. Not much luck for white bass and wiper, either.   What I have gotten in to the last couple weeks is a nice smallmouth and spotted bass bite, of all things. This is in one of my spots that seldom produced black bass in the past with water levels where they are now. No huge fish, but lots of smallies and spots up to 15" or so. Also a lot of the 6" black crappies that seem to be everywhere on Lake Macbride and the Iowa River this fall.
    • I was thinking they were after the Smallys and that it must have been a tourney with all the boat traffic.
    • Caught some decent fish but never dialed them in.    Thursday I only got 5 in the boat and nothing over 4lbs. Caught about a dozen eyes though. I did loose one at the boat that I think was pushing 6lbs. It was one of those fish that was too fat to fight. Only head shakes. Had my net in hand and was reaching for it to net and the hook popped out. That one dropped me to my knees.    Friday Todd S came out with me and it was a struggle the first 6 hours. We had one fish in the boat. We tried deep, shallow, and everything in between. Finally went back to one of my favorite shallow spots in the fall and got into them good. We probably caught 18-20 fish with biggest 5 going 26.15lbs. Todd S got big fish at 5lbs 10oz. I had 3 over 5 too.    Saturday was one of those days that you love being on the wise haha. I just could not figure them out. I think I spent too much time in the shallow spot from the previous day. Should have just searched deep. Only ended up with 4 with two over 4lbs. 
    • It's hard to tell, he either thinks everyone is living off the government or calling them #hypocritesandfrauds. I assume at some point he will accuse the forums will be rigged with #hypocritesandfrauds living off the gov, while at the same time being mad at their bro's.
    • Super nice calm fall day somewhat shortly after monster smallmouth tourney results within 2 hours drive of a major population base.  Nope, no idea what was going on.
    • I picked up a used BAR the other day in 300 mag. Anyone shooting a BAR or anything with a BOSS? I still plan to use my 270 for deer but it was a deal I couldn't pass up and for some reason I wanted a 300.  I tore it down when I got it home a cleaned it up and finally got to put some rounds through it the other day. It shoots well and the semi auto action helps with the recoil as does the BOSS. I picked up the CR for it so if I do use it hunting I don't have to worry about hearing protection. I didn't play around too much with groups but did get the BOSS set to 8.5 and I'm getting groups around 1.5". 
    • Farmers are still contemplating their corn's moisture content around Center MN.  Debating if they want to dry it after harvest or continue to let it stand.  Of course some fields are out.   So I guess the prediction on whether the corn will be out by gun opener will hinge on your areas soil type and field drainage characteristics.  
    • Not sure what was going on up there last Sat when I went by but most of the landings were pretty busy on the west side? 
    • Note, we already had that covered....
    • Has D2E claimed the forum is rigged yet?  I haven't been paying close attention.  
  • Our Sponsors