• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout! (Contest open to all)

DTro

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, busy day. I think that hightlights one of my favorite parts of this shootout, the flexible schedule. Good luck, everyone. Shooting for second place on channels is the best you'll be able to do. Might want to fish for flatheads instead.

Nice fish Tom! Did you pick that one up in the area I suggested?

I will post the final results as soon as I receive the entries from last night.

If possible, if there is anyone that fished last night that is not going to enter any fish, please let me know. Then I will not have to wait around until 8pm to release results.

Thanks, it came right down to the wire......

Well I'm ALL IN. I fished hard on this last day. I started yesterday morning and fished from 08:00 to 11:00am and was skunked. I went back out at 7:00pm and fished all night but managed just one more flathead and 1 turtle. I picked up a flathead 33" X 19" = 52 points at 02:13 am. I missed two nice fish about 11:30pm - that was really a bummer after fishing hard all day.

My total entries are:

3 channel cat entries:

27” X 14” = 41 points

21” X 12” = 33 points

26” X 15” = 41 points

Total Channel Cat Points = 115

3 Flathead entries:

41” X 27” = 68 points

31” X 19.5” = 50.5 points

33" X 19" = 52 points

Total Flathead Points = 170.5

A big thanks to Darren for putting this contest together. It was a lot of fun - I liked the format. I'm anxious to see the total results.

Well guys the results are in!

First off I want to thank all that participated. I had a lot of fun with this and it was a great kickoff to what I hope to be an annual event. It went very smooth and I liked the spread out format.

So without further adieu:

The Flathead Division started out pretty tough for everyone except Steve D. A few fish came in here or there throughout the week. Congrats to Shamu, RiverRunnerZ and Steve D all for catching a 3 bag limit. RiverRunnerZ posted an impressive total last night!

But in the end Steve D was able to hold off all late rallies with a nice 52pt fish he caught last night.

1st Place----Steve D (170.5 pts) $40.56

2nd Place----RiverRunnerZ (137pts) $21.84

Honorable Mention----Shamu (118pts)

Big fish of the week goes to Steve D with a chunky 68 pointer.

The Channel division was hotly contested all week long with guys leapfrogging each other every day. Lots of 3 bag limits caught (Steve D, Aanderud, RiverRunnerZ, DTro, ec30_06, and flaco651). Not only were there a lot of fish, but there were also big fish mixed in as well. Nice job on all the catches everyone!

Okay maybe I stretched the truth a little bit about leapfrogging, yes there was a lot of that, but it was really only a race for second.

Ec30-06, ran away with this on day 2 and never looked back. Very impressive totals Ed!

1st Place----ec30-06 (148pts) $40.56

2nd Place----flaco651 (124pts) $21.84

Honorable Mention----Aanderud (123.5 pts) missed it by .5pts frown

Big fish of the week goes to ec30_06 with a beautiful 53 pointer!

I will send the winners their money tonight.

Congrats to everyone and I will try to get the pictures put together in the KOTC gallery as soon as I can.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Congrates guys!~

You fished hard and good.

For me, it was the toughest 48 hours of fishing I have had ever. Next year, I am splitting up the two days. Might even do that first and last day thing.

Thanks again Dtro!

Wow, the winners in both divisions were WAY above second place. Congrats, fellas. I got skunked in flatheads but I did catch 4 turtles. Can't complain about that.

Thanks for putting it together, Darren. It was a fun format.