• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout! (Contest open to all)

DTro

sounds and looks like a real busy night Steve. as luck would have it I will be working on saturday but that is not all bad luck thou think I'm taking the boat with and going to hit redwing pool 4 for some cat action.

I'm not in this shoot out but will post pics and results on another post.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well SteveO.....

I think your plan may have backfired on you. Either the kitties have it out for you, or you did a really good job of motivating the guys that were fishing last night. wink

Then again, maybe nobody caught a fish last night.......

Well SteveO.....

OK, Darren. Going to tease us, are you? I can wait - Close of business next Tuesday I'll sort out my catch and put my best fish on the table. I can wait until all the fish are on the table to "Call" your hand.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what I need in flats to kick your butt off the top of the Green on the KOTC Flat Board. It will take a couple of big fish but it is definitely attainable. Adjust your rear view mirror - I'm right behind you.

Cue the theme from Jaws ...

Originally Posted By: dtro
Well SteveO.....

OK, Darren. Going to tease us, are you? I can wait - Close of business next Tuesday I'll sort out my catch and put my best fish on the table. I can wait until all the fish are on the table to "Call" your hand.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what I need in flats to kick your butt off the top of the Green on the KOTC Flat Board. It will take a couple of big fish but it is definitely attainable. Adjust your rear view mirror - I'm right behind you.

Cue the theme from Jaws ...

You have to get through me first.... And Guess what?

We have another Moore's contest this weekend.. grin

Do any of you know what the number 40+ and Moore's cat contests have in common or correlate to?

I will help you out a little Steve grin

Toccata from Toccata and Fugue in D minor

I am up to bat in a couple hours. I will choose silence of what I get this weekend. Not that it matters much to me, but it drives Dtro and Larry nutz grin, even though they do it to us. Just joking. If it is a good night I will spill the whine/wine wink

Good Luck, Shackbash.

Thanks for the theme from Jaws - perfect for what I wanted.

Sorry, Larry. I plan on going through you on my way to the No.1 slot. End of the season coming up and the fish are starting to put on the feedbag - you and dtro are just speed bumps on the way to the top.

I will say this. I thought that 6 fish over 2 nights might have been asking for a lot, but I guess not whistle

I would say you should crank it up to 4 of each species plus add a turtle category next time.

Good Luck, Guys. Sounds like another Blue Bird beautiful day. I hope to get on the water myself late tonight - this is the last Moore's Cat Contest for the year - Go Gettum, Boys.

Well, that was a tough shootout. I had a very hard time figuring out what the flatheads wanted and where they were. I guess I wasn't the only one. It'll be interesting to see the scores on Wed afternoon. Good luck to those still fishing, hopefully the flatheads will start biting for you if they haven't been yet.

I've got one shootout day left on Tuesday. Current weather forecast for Tuesday is looking good. I need one more flathead to fill my 3 fish limit and that small 14# flathead could stand to be upgraded as well. I need to upgrade a couple of channel cats too. My plan is to fish hard Tuesday morning - take a break in the afternoon and then fish hard into the evening and night as long as it takes to put good fish on the board.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's fish on Wednesday. My thanks to Darren for putting the Shootout together - this is a fun format for a cat contest.

Looks like I'll spend some time tomorrow catching some fresh bait. I'm going to need some hardy bullheads for Tuesday night. I've got the bullhead "Gray Crud" going on in my Bait Tank right now and I'm losing a lot of bullheads.

Good Luck, everybody!!

Steve

Hehe. I think that fits. I want to see another category next year for softshells.

I advocated for that last year and was met with strong resistance, a "bonus" fish of the month type of deal - gar, sheepshead, carp, softshell turtle, etc.

Still think its a "fun" idea. wink

I've had a terrible time catching bullhead right now at a pond that was great earlier in the season. Maybe the warm water has them keeping away from shore? Hopefully they come back as the water cools a little. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures from this shootout. It looks like Steve is the only one confident in his catch. whistle

Let’s just say if I win, I would die of a heart attack.

Emptied and cleaned the bully tank yesterday for the year. I kept a few small ones for experimental reasons.

I figure its time to start thinking Mille Lacs, but first some over due trips with the kids before school starts. I have been taking them with me to get bait, but it has a couple months since they have been out in the boat.

I think it is time to chalk up this season as a learning experince and move on the other things. If anything, my last trips will be on the Croix north. Take a couple weeks off and might get the bug back again. If not, I got some dog training, gun cleaning and then ice fishing grin

Thanks Dtro for doing the Shoot Out! It was fun and well worth the $10.00.