• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout! (Contest open to all)

DTro

A little "Shock and Awe" eh? smile

Good Luck Steve.

Also wanted to mention if anyone needs to change one or both of their days, be sure to send me that request before 6 am tomorrow.

After 6 am you are locked in.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is entertaining watching all this smack talk going on.

Too bad I am going to take the flat division with a simple 46 pounder.

You guys can dream all ya want but this one is in the bag already!!!!

Good luck for the rest of you that will be fighting for second.

Sure is entertaining watching all this smack talk going on.

Too bad I am going to take the flat division with a simple 46 pounder.

You guys can dream all ya want but this one is in the bag already!!!!

Good luck for the rest of you that will be fighting for second.

A simple 46 pounder! Looks like my 3 small 16 lb fish will beat you by 2 lbs. In this contest quantity may beat out quality. I'm hoping to put 3 of each into the boat and then start working on quality. Time to break out the "secret" bait.

Thanks Dtro! Just got off work and I'm gonna head out for the am bite(hopefully) then come home take a 3-4 nap and head back out to claim a new spot i scoped out and pull a late nighter!! i'm going on a 3+ week slump with a recent 15hr skunk trip sick to boot...IM OVERDUE!!!

How about an up the the minute (on the water) report from Mr "Hit em Hard and early"

The old phone call trick works again.

Pick up the phone and the fish automatically bite.

Sounds like someone has found a few fish already.........

Here is a quick early report for Day 1:

I started out the day with engine trouble right out of the Marina. Engine was running rough and sputtering and coughing. I limped the boat upstream into a spot I have fished before and put out a couple of rods trolling cut sucker while I tried to figure out what was wrong with my motor.

I called Warner's Dock Service Department and was talking to their service manager and one rod got hammered by a nice channel cat while I was on the phone. I finished my phone conversation about the same time I got the channel up to the boat. While I was netting that fish the other rod got hammered - I had two rods going and a net. I managed to get both fish into the boat without tangling everything up too bad but then the batteries were dead on the camera. By the time I got the batteries changed those poor fish were ready for the water. I snapped a quick photo and plunked the fish in the water - a nice 27" X 14" (41 pts) and a short, fat 21" X 12" (33 pts) channel. Then I looked at the photo and realized I forgot to hold up the Control Item. I'm hoping Darren can honor it but if he can't that's life in the fast lane. I'll probably upgrade those fish anyway and it felt good to put a couple of fish in the boat early.

Those fish took the pressure off for the day. No skunk happening on my first day of competition. I headed into the marina and spent the rest of the morning getting and changing plugs in the motor and tracking down some SeaFoam for the gas tank. I got the motor back up and running but I was tuckered out. I came back home and jumped in the pool with the grandkids. I spent the afternoon playing with the grandkids.

I'm heading out again tonight for some serious fishing. I'll chase channel cats until dark and then I can do some flathead fishing. I'm hoping to have 3 of each on the board and then everything after that is upgrade work.

Hopefully I'll have some more info for you tomorrow morning.

Go Get'em Boys!!

Steve

Steve,

As much as I hope you do not get on fish (being in the Shoot Out and all), I hope you get on some fish with the day you had.

But!!, with the rig you got, it is very hard to feel sorry for you in way grin

Just got to roll with the punches wink.

Good luck dude/Sir.!

I'll give you guys something to shoot at for your first day on the water. I quit at 2:00am, it was an absolutely beautiful night for fishing. Clear skies, calm, comfortable temps - very little boat traffic after 9:00pm.

Here is my log for the day:

0926 channel Cut sucker 27" X 14" = 41 pts

0928 channel Cut sucker 21" X 12" = 33 pts

2130 Flathead bullhead 41" X 27" = 68 pts*

2330 Flathead bullhead 31" X 19.5" = 50.5 pts

0025 channel cut bullhead 26" X 15" = 41 pts

After Day 1 I've registered 3 channels and 2 flatheads. I should have 115 channel cat points and 118.5 flathead points. You can start chasing now - Good Luck!!

* The 68 pt flathead is a KOTC upgrade and should bump my KOTC flathead points to 202.5. I finally made it to the 200 pt club. Still a lot of season left.

I'll post some pics tomorrow - I'm going to bed.

Good Luck everybody - stay safe.

Steve

I just got up from a nice restful sleep. Funny how tiring a late night cat trip can be. The day looks beautiful for todays KOTC Shootout anglers. I just sent my entries into dtro's inbox. Here are a few pics for those of you heading out tomorrow or later in the week. Looks like a good bite is going on right now with this nice weather.

41" X 27" St Croix Flathead:

Shootout200841X27.jpg

31" X 19.5" Flathead:

Shootout200831X195.jpg

27" X 14" & 21" X 12" Channel Cat Double:

Shootout200827X1421X12.jpg

26" X 15" Late night channel cat. Sorry for the poor pic:

Shootout200826X15.jpg

I can't wait for next Tuesday. I hope this nice weather holds up. It was nice fishing last night.

Steve

Yeah I missed that! Hey, another member of the 200 club! Nice job! Wow, add in your channel total and there's no question that you're a king of the cats, even if you aren't in the green yet on flatties! Congrats, Steve.