• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Annual King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout! (Contest open to all)

DTro

You are all invited to participate in the 1st annual King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout.

Here are the details.

Contest will run from Wed 8/13- Wed 8/20

Contestants will be able to pick 2-24hr periods in which to fish. These 2 days must be declared prior to the start of the contest. The 24 hr periods will run from 8am to 8am

A new control item will be released every day at approx 6:15 am via this thread.

Total Score of Length+Girth of the three (3) biggest fish caught during declared 48 hrs will be counted towards final total.

Photo with fish, contestant, and control item (all in the same picture) must all appear clearly in any submitted fish NO EXCEPTIONS

Any questionable photos will be handled on a case by case basis.

All photos submitted must be digital, and not resized, cropped, or changed in any way. Send full size photo.

This is a catch and release contest, no stringer/rope pics allowed.

Fish may be submitted within 12hrs of the your delcared day ending (example your delcared day is tues, it must be submitted by 8pm WED) to [email protected]

Leaderboard will not be made public to eliminate any “stretching” of the measurements. To dissolve any conflict of interest, I (DTro) will have any fish I enter witnessed by another contestant and also make public my 2 days that I will fish.

I ask that everyone please be honest, it is key to making this a success.

Contest will be limited to 30 contestants due to state regs. Those currently in the KOTC competition will be given first priority after that it will be first paid first served.

Borders will be anywhere in the State of MN. Contestants must follow all rules and regs on the water they fish.

Entry fee will be $10

All entries and payouts will be via Paypal (it’s very easy to create an account) Entry payment to be made to [email protected]

I will take entries starting today (8/5).

I will need a minimum of 15 contestants, otherwise all money will be fully refunded.

Payout will be 100% - 4% paypal fee

Based on full entries the payout will be:

Flathead 1st ----$94 (65%)

Flathead 2nd ----$50 (35%)

Channel 1st -----$94

Channel 2nd ------$50

Hope I covered everything, any questions please let me know.

Here's a list of the current Contestants and which days they will be fishing (list will update automatically as names are added):

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure would love to, but do to prior commitments on the latter part of shootout, it will not work for me.

It is only $10.00 and I could sign up hoping I get an early date, but I think this would unfair to others who would like to sign up.

Good luck to all in the shootout. My August has not been catfishing friendly so far frown. Kind of suckseggs, because this is the best time of year to be out in the area’s I fish.

Nice format. It works for those who have committments during weekends, (which I usually have). I will be partaking, not sure what days I'll fish, but I'm sure I can find 2 days to fish out of a whole week smile

Thanks.

Hey John, if its border waters you are fishing on, that should be fine, but with the WI regs, the fairness factor kicks in with setlines and extra poles baits, etc.

I figured that was the reason, though it hasn't helped me much for KOTC '08. Maybe I can talk my wife into a little sandbar camping... Thanks for all the work you put into the sport. I never have focused on cats for a whole season before; last bass I caught was 16 inches and when bringing it in I was thinking to myself "dang this must be a baby cat". No looking back here. laugh

Cool, we are half way to the minimum 15 already!

At this rate we will have a full contest.

Sun will be the cutoff date for KOTC priority. I will start filling spots with non KOTC participants. For those of you not participating in the KOTC you can submit your payment at any time. I will make full refund if the spots fill up by Sun.

Any payments not received from KOTC participants (who expressed interest) by Sunday will be considered a non-entry and slot will possibly be filled by another, at that point it will be first paid first served.

Let's fill it up!

Also I will need to know the 2 days each person plans to fish. Anyone that doesn't declare their 2 days before contest start will be disqualified.

If possible include that with your payment.

If someone wants to fish this contest and does not have a boat, let me know and maybe we can work out a couple of dates that will work for the both of us so you can enter this fun contest.

Lets see who knocks Dtro and LFC from the top.