• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

20 guage choke???

My son got a remington 20 guage 870lw magnum from his Grandpa as a gift and it came with a improved cyl choke, we will be using it for duck hunting only, can anyone with experience with this gun recommend what choke would work best, we mainly hunt backwater sloughs and flooded timber areas, lots of real close up shots for woodies and late season mallards, Any help would be great, plain old steel shot will be used .

I would use what you have , Imp cyl works great for steel , plus for those closer in shots he will have a better chance to get those tayste birds . All I shoot now is a 20 gauge and it does a great job , my 12's just sit in the vault .

Right, I would stay with the IC, especially if using any type of larger shot, the already small bore being made even smaller could cause some deformation and stray pellets, not to mention a longer shot string.