• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins bullpen

mike morris

I'm sick to my stomach after watching tonight's blowup. I just don't see how we're going to win the Central with a bullpen like this. The only solid piece we have is Joe Nathan. Who else is there to rely on? Should we call up Korecky? I thought we could rely on Breslow somewhat, but even he couldn't get an out tonight!

We need to be winning these games against the worst teams in the league!!! Especially when Chicago is idle!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say we played down to their level at the plate. Our late pitching sure did though. Even perkins struggled at times too, but this is a game they really need to forget quick. Can't give up a six run lead and then have it stick in your head this late in the season. Hopefully they are fired up tonight and really run up the score.

What I couldn't believe, this morning on KFAN they were talking about the bullpen of the Twins. They said their home ERA is like 2.31 ERA and their road ERA is like 6.40. I don't know if this takes into account Nathan or it would be like 8.00 on the road. Not pretty.

Right now the bp other than Nathan is definitely the weak link. Reyes did well yesterday and has a good era but he typically only gets used for a couple batters. The others are very unreliable. I especially cringe when I see Crain warming up. He seems to give up key walks and/or hits much to regularly.

Sure wish they could pick up another P for the stretch run. Not sure who is out there though. Even if they picked up someone who could start and let Blackburn or Perkins be their first bp guy, it seems like it would be better than what they have going right now. Might not be a good idea, but I almost wish that if they can't get rid of Boof that they'd try using him for a couple starts just to upgrade the BP. Then again, moving one of the young guys to the BP just might cause other problems.

The reality of it all is that we fans should enjoy the stretch run this season. Not too many of us, myself included, expected they'd be in first place in mid August so this is really a bonus.