• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A day in the Bluestem Prarie

Spent a few hours on Saturday at the BlueStem Prarie nature conservancy. now that the slough area was dry I was able to get some cool flowers. Hard to beleieve but these were all taken with the 100-400L using my Canon XTI and a mono pod. It was a little tough to get perfectly clear shots due to the 40 mph wind in the morning. By the time I got back to the road, I was ready to drop. The buffaloe grass was almost shoulder tall. It was quite the trick dragging my 40lb camera backpack, and a camera with long glass attached. It was fun anyway. Feel free to critique if you like.

I think all my ID's are accurate, excpet the one I snuck in from my yard.

Yellow Prarie Corn Flower. The Pride of the prarie.

101226508.jpg

Think this is a weed, nothing in my flower guide. If I am wrong please correct

400mm; f5.6, 1/1000 sec, iso 200

101226505.jpg

Purple Prarie Clover

400mm; 1/500sec, iso 200, Aperature Priority

101226502.jpg

Blue Flax

400mm; 1/750 sec; iso 200, f5.6

101226496.jpg

Somthing from my yard after it rained

400mm, iso 800. 1/4000sec, handheld, f5.6, aperature priority

101226499.jpg

NO Pheasants of deer. I could see were the deer were bedding but no actuall sitings. It was a buys mornging out there, I was not the first die hard to trek through the slough, so everything was pretty skiddish after the group of 22 cubscouts left.