Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jordyn Kaufer

is anyone using these for walleye?

I have never done well using spinners for walleye. For me they just dont seem to like it. If fished the Croix for years and have only gotten 2 walleyes to bite on spinners similiar to the ones you have.

If your casting I think sticking to crank bait or husky jerk-baits or even jigs will give you better luck.

Spinners like that tend to ride very high in the water, while the walleyes tend to be at the bottom. I think that's the biggest reason they're not that great of a bait for walleyes.

They can be effective if walleyes are in shallow areas. I've caught several eyes fishing the mississippi on spinner simuliar to these in rapids areas. Lots of smallmouth bass and pike as well. I don't use them much anymore as I usually fall back on jigs or cranks when fishing these areas now.

Work great in the weeds. The last 5 walleyes I've seen caught have actually come on firetiger aglias. Don't ask why this picture was shot but the proof lies in it.

n13914896_46938374_1701.jpg

I agree with the shallow water walleye and the lure. Used something similar in the past to catch a lot of different species, and walleyes are one of them.

But, if you can find a way to get them down deeper, they will work great. Bottom bouncer, etc. is a good way to go.

If you're not able to do that (no boat will make that pretty hard), try putting the spinner on a short leader, with a weight heavy enough to get the spinner to bottom. That way it's something that you could cast & retrieve from shore.

OR... I've used something similar for rainbow trout in deeper water while I was living in Idaho. Three-way swivel, heavy weight on one side, leader with the spinner on the other, Slip-bobber hooked to the third, set to allow the weight to get on bottom, and the spinner to do it's thing behind it in the current. Works great for moving water, like you'd have in a river situation.

Good luck, and keep fishing! the more you're out there, the more you'll learn. Don't be afraid to try different stuff. You might just figure out a new way to catch fish!

If your going to think about doing that I would just pull a crawler harness. Plus that inline spinner has some weight to it and it behind a slip sinker would probably snag up too much.

Shallow casting is what the inlines are good for.

thank you northlander.

do you have any other tips you could share with me?

im only 15yrs old and i really want to make the best of my fishing outings

I find they tend to twist fishing line, so when I want to fish shallow (for eyes) with a spinner I go with a beatle spin type lure.