• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Seasonal Campground Recomendations

TLAR

I am considering getting into a seasonal campground next year. I was wondering if anyone could share their expediences good or bad on doing this?

We live near Northfield and Faribault and would like to find something with in an hours drive or so.

Thanks

I've been in one for 15 years. Like an old folks home with travel trailers, but we always get a good night's sleep. Only as good as the owners/managers. Previous owner caused me to put up "for sale" sign. New owner took over and sign came down. Suggest staying at one for a weekend and ask a lot of questions. Decide what kind of campground you want. Party place, kids place, drinking, ok with with old crummy trailers and lots of junk laying around or do you want fussy owners with a lot of rules. You will find a lot of variations. Good luck.

Here is a little more info on what we are looking for. I want a place with decent fishing, family friendly, and well kept.

Any recommendations would be great.

we have a place at old wagon campground between new london and hawick. amout 20 minutes east of willmar. nice clean lake, conveince store, well kept good fishing in area a few lotz left.

We had a seasonal site for nearly ten summers at a resort just purchased by a younger semi-retired couple. After a few seasons, they became more "resort owners" and started to charge for everything. The final factor was when they started to charge fees for friends that stay overnight at my camper. They wanted $35/night for from fishing buddy that came up to visit for a weekend and slept in MY camper. Left the resort at the end of the season and bought my own lot. Now only I get to make the rules.