• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What will Favre be traded for?

LMITOUT

I don't think anyone will step up and give Green Bay much now. A week ago maybe. Green Bay is stuck with a tremendous PR problem right now and their worst nightmare just walked off the plane yesterday. Other teams know they are stuck as well and will play a waiting game to get him on the cheap. My guess is a 3rd rounder or lower (maybe even 2nd day pick) just to get him out of town. Green Bay is in a lose/lose situation here and I love it!!

i'd say a 4th or 5th round pick...that would be the best scenario for both teams...whatever team gets him wants a veteran qb and GB say they don't want him so they could get a new young player.....any team that gives up more then a 4th is pretty dumb since he will only play another year or two....any team willing to trade for favre think they have a shot at a superbowl...thats the only reason to get the guy at this stage of his career.

I'd say he's going to be release or traded. Check out this story.

Favre, Packers in stalemate

FROM NEWS SERVICES

Last update: August 5, 2008 - 1:08 PM

Featured comment

If the Packers don't want him the only solution is to trade him away to the Vikings, otherwise they will just be continuing this sideshow … read more and causing further distractions for their team. Favre's mere presence is Green Bay is enough of a distraction as it is to the Packers. The possibility of trading to another team besides the Vikings seems highly improbable as Farve would most likely not report nullifying the trade and sending him back to the Packers. The Green Bay front office knows exactly what they have to do, but acknowledging it seems to be the hard part for them.

So Favre is unlikely to practice today, hoping the team will either release or trade him.

Favre spoke to ESPN's Chris Mortensen after last night's lengthy meeting with McCarthy and said the "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."

"We're at a stalemate," Favre said in a story posted on espn.com. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

Favre told Mortensen that the team rejected his request to talk about a trade to a team within the NFC North. The Vikings appear to be the leading contender to acquire Favre, but were cleared by the NFL of tampering charges on Monday.

Favre admitted Aaron Rodgers is likely to be the team's starting quarterback under any circumstances.

"I'll practice my butt off, if it comes to that, and I think we all know what the end result will be, but this probably isn't going to work," Favre told Mortensen. "And I truly understand that if I was in Mike's shoes, I'd see it basically the same way he sees it, I'm sure. And I think if he was in my shoes, he'd see it my way. I think we both agree on that.

"They want to know if I'm committed but I want to know if they're 100 percent committed. The problem is that there's been a lot of damage done and I can't forget it. Stuff has been said, stories planted, that just aren't true. Can I get over all that? I doubt it."

The Packers have offered a $20 million package to Favre to remain retired, which he rejected.

"They can say they welcome me back but, come on, the way they've treated me tells you the truth," he told Mortensen. "They don't want me back, so let's move on. I don't know where it's headed. We'll see."

About 1# of Limburger cheese would be even-up.

Seriously, if the Vikes even consider him, they gave up too much. What would be the very best way for Farve to go out as a Packer?.... Go to the hated competition and pad his interception record...that is how!

Trade him to an AFC team with no OL, and put the ball back in Favres court. End of Debacle!!

Just because GB won't trade Favre to the Vikings doesn't mean another team can't. wink

I'd like to know what type of poison pill would have to be included in the deal to prevent another team from turning around and trading him to the Vikes. This could get interesting....

the best part is any team wanting to trade for favre is gonna need him to change his contract...if he says no then the team wanting him is screwed....i don't think he's gonna want less money to play for a team he doesn't even really want to play for in the first place.

he's talkin to the jets and bucs now...if they don't come to some sort of deal the packers are screwed...favre could just be messin with the idea to see what he's worth to other teams...but if he don't want to play somewhere them teams won't trade for him.

i just want this to end and see where he ends up...if he ends up a vike lets get it done...if he ends up somewhere else get it done.

All these posts on the issue, and nobody showing any love for T-Jack?!?!?!?

He's our quarterback and he's the one who will have a 75.3 passing rating this season. That's gotta mean something to you heartless fans! smile

Oh well...if anybody sees any purple #4 Favre jerseys let me know...even if he doesn't end up here (and he won't) I want to wear it when I visit my in-lawsin Wisconsin....and not take it off until I'm back in MN! grin

I think after today's announcement that the Pack simply won't allow him to compete for his old job that he will head back to Mississippi and call it quits. I don't think he ever imagined that it would come to this and I also don't think he will play for the Jets or Tampa. The Pack stood their ground (as dumb as that may be) and now this is all but over IMO.

The more I think about this it almost has to be a conditional pick based on how Favre does.

No team is going to give up a 2nd round pick only to have Favre decide he's retiring again in week 3.

So I'm guessing something like a 3rd rounder if he plays X amount of games and 5th rounder if he doesn't meet some criteria.