Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
Sign in to follow this  
LEECH21

Full or Empty Fuel Tank?

I called Lund a couple of years ago with this question. They said with plastic tanks either empty or full is fine. With metal though, they said full due to condensation.

You'll get lots of opinions here.

For boats with built in tanks, I fill them (36 gallon total) to the rim and add fuel stabilizer. Never had a problem.

I tried the empty tactic once and I had moisture build up inside the main tank throughout the winter. What a headache. Never again.

When I fill up in November before storage gas is cheaper than in May. wink

I fill mine full late in the fall and add stibilizer to prevent condensation. Plus gas is alway cheaper in the fall than the spring. wink

Add stabilizer and fill it up.

Plus gas is alway cheaper in the fall than the spring. wink

Now thats funny! "gas" and "cheaper" in the same sentence grin

Full - add stabilizer to whatever you have left in the tank prior to your last outing for the year - you need to make sure you run the motor to get the stabilized gas through the engine. Then fill it up the rest of the way and add the appropriate amount of fuel stabilizer.

marine_man

Empty. Even with stabilizer I don't have much faith in the quality of gas coming out of the pumps these days to let it sit all winter and then deal with a full tank of crummy gas for the first part of the following season.

If I know it's going to be my last trip out for the year I'll throw in a little Sta-bil so that it gets mixed up while out fishing for the day and then fill it with a full tank of fresh gas the following spring.

As said earlier, with plastic tanks it isn't like it used to be where it was almost a rule to fill up the metal tanks. Now you can really do either, but I prefer to start with fresh gas at the beginning of the season.

I used to always fill up and stabilize but my guy at the marina says run it down as low as possible and stabilize because of the poor quality of gas nowdays. To me it makes sense as who wants to run old gas in the spring even if it has been stabilized. It is still old gas.

I usually stabilze all year long, even when going out frequently. In the fall I simply fog the motor and put her away til the spring. I do have a metal tank.

As said by others...gas is "cheaper" in the fall. I fill mine up and add Stabil.

She sits in a barn on my friends property with no heat. Never had an issue.