• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help me catch fish

tom_w

It's hot and muggy. All the places I catch fish in the spring aren't producing for me. My son is losing interest. I fish some city lakes, some suburban lakes and the river. I'll drop minnows in the river, fish bass and northerns with worms and spinnerbaits and the like. I have been doing bad for a couple weeks. Where can I go to catch fish? I just want fish. period. Walleyes, bass, catfish, I don't care. Live bait, artificals, in my boat or from shore. I need help. I think when I quit fishing years ago it was in August.

Fishing has been tough for me too so don't worry, Try your deep weedlines and try downsizing a bit...At the very least you can always run into some panfish.

on those hot days just like us humans like sitting inside w/ the AC full blast fish like cover Weeds, Docks, ect... try those areas.

Hope that helps or at least words of encouragement.

Good Luck,

CP

fish early/fish late and downsizing in baits never does harm. its been tough for a lot of guys around here except for the panfish guys. make sure your bait is live and well dead bait usually does not get touch unless it is a white bass, channel cat and of course gar

I suggest fishing during the "power hours." I'd say roughly 80% of my total catch this year has been during that time slot....regardless of species. What's also nice is there is a lot less boater traffic during these time periods. I've noticed this year how much of an impact outside elements can play a negative role in my fishing....Constantly being bothered by huge wakes/rollers and just general douche-baggery during the day can really break down a guy's ability to catch fish. As with anything you do, having a positive state of mind can yield positive results.

Stay positive....keep those lines in the water.

Yeah, I have not been terribly positive. In the spring I fished with intent. Now I am kind of waiting for fish. I bet i am half as effective.

Anyone want to throw me a decent spot? I was thinking of going out to a lake in Carver. Maybe below the Ford dam on the river.

Try Gulp minnows in the 2 to 2.5 inch range and use a jig in the weeds.....I have been using a 1/16 oz jig and catching everything from dogfish-northerns-bass-walleyes-crappies-sunnies-perch right in the weeds...just drift or use the trolling motor and slowley search.......

Hey, Tom... We oughtta get out again sometime. I've been getting into a few here and there trolling cranks and crawler harnesses. I was out on Friday morning and got three.

I also had another encounter with a surface-swimming musky... this time he followed me in to the boat ramp and tapped my canoe. Sweet.

benandhisbeard at hotmail.

Well, between evening fishing and small streams I have managed to catch quite a few smallmouths and walleye. Some largemouths and other fish mixed in. Thanks for all the advice.