• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keeper "Sunset"...

Once again massive Lake Winnipeg comes through with another beauty of a sunset!

I captured this one yesterday evening. Small wonder why I love spending walking along her shores. People travel to far off exotic places looking for stuff like this! grin

328_2814-1.png

This photo opp. also caught my eye while waitng for the sun to get into position.

123456789-1.jpg

Those are real beauties, Stu. Are there still wildfires raging in northern Canada that are causing the brilliant sunets?

Actually Steve, I'm not sure what fires are active at this time. I will say that the emense colors captured in this scene were captured while I dialed in at 400mm. I'll post a couple I captured from yesterday evening that I have yet to upload. I took an extensive series of frames using three different lenses. The 100-400, 70-200 and 17-40 all came into play during this session. When I get really tight to the subject (the sunset) while set at 400mm, the shy really takes on that strong red/orange color. You'll see a completely different result when the same shot was captured at 17mm.