Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfricke1010

2 for 1

9 posts in this topic

I was fishing today with a double showgirl and I had about a pound northern on. I got it to within 10 feet of the boat when a muskie came up and grabbed both the northen and the lure. It spit the northern and the lure out twice only to come immediatly back at it. After about 5 minutes of this I finally caught both the northen and the muskie. The muskie measured 48". Just thought id share the story with you guys... Im sure you all have some just like it.

That is just too cool! I have never had this happen, but am waiting for it. What a deal!

A couple years ago, a buddy and I were fishing for eyes in about 20 ft of water when he got a bite, started bringing it in. About half way in, he got slammed. After a few minutes, I slide the net under a a 2 pound northern and a 41 inch musky....all on 6 pound test! Best part was, it was my buddy's first musky, and neither of us brought a camera, so to this day, our friends don't beleive he caught it!

The muskies have been all over the northerns this year. I've never seen them chase and follow the northerns like they have been. Lots of different lakes, same story. This was happening even before fish would look at other baits. Couple times we had northerns hit right next to the boat and the muskies were still arse-to-nose with them, like they were sitting there just waiting for them to move.

Fishing had been kind of slow for me lately so I went out and bought the pikiest bait I could possible find and ripped it around like it was struggling to get off a hook. Yes, it worked. It was by and far the most aggressive action I've seen this year in one day. I'm going to stick with this pattern the rest of the season until I find something that works. KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID! I think I need to write this on the inside of my sunglass lenses this season.

50inch - did she just grab the northern and not let go and you were able to net her, or did you get a hook into her as well?

I think your question was for the original poster - I have not actually had any skies grab my northerns but got action on a bait I was using to imitate a hooked/struggling northern.

propster, im asuming that question was to me... i never got a hook into her she just held on long enough for me to net her.