Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lisa Almquist

Job change!

45 posts in this topic

Hi gals! I am very sad to say that I cannot make it to the get together because I got myself a new job! I am now a CNA at a local assisted living unit in town and will be working ALOT of weekends. I started on Saturday and I didn't know HARD work until now! I'm still in nursing school and am also still doing my old job until the end of the month so bear with me if I seem even more distracted than I seem to be lately. So far, I really like my job but I'm kinda slow and wish I new everyone's name and what they need! My coworkers are wonderful and have been super helpful. Wish me luck girls-I think I'm gonna need it! eeklaugh

Congradulations on the new job! You will do well and have a great time!!! blushwink

Way to go Lisa!! Its just one step in the right direction. Congrats on the new job and good luck with the rest of your schooling.

What a bummer about the weekends, and you will be missed at the GTG. I was planning on starting your boat lessons that weekend. It is definitely not going to be the same without you, I guess I will have to make the taco dip! I am getting a SUV tent tomorrow, and I was looking forward to you teaching me how to set it up on the top of my Escape.

Good luck on the new job Lisa. It's a step in your career direction. Too bad you have to miss the GTC, but there will be others that come up. Important to move in the direction you want to go and that's what your doing. Have a buddy that went through that and is now loving life doing the nursing.

Hey Lisa - thats great news, its tough starting at the bottom ( pund intended shocked - )but ya gotta put in your dues.

You'll do great. grin

Big bummer about missing the GTG. Definitly won't be the same without ya.

Lisa....I will miss you at the gathering. I was a CNA at one point in my life as well, and I echo the hard work comment. I tell everyone it was the hardest job I have ever had, emotionally and physically. I find the nursing home environment so sad. Maybe it was the place I worked, but I never felt that the elderly were given the time and respect they have earned. I was so emotionally and physically drained every single day. Hang in there...and sing a lot!

I'm really overwhelmed at this point! There are so many residents and every CNA I see is super efficient and knows everything about every resident!! When I get to that point, it'll be alot easier! The place I work is quite new and really nice. Where I had my clinicals was a totally different story though. I was really sad that some of the folks didn't have family at all!

I'll miss you all at the GTG so much! Sacrifice isn't something I'm used too!! crysmile Sometimes reality checks are so brutal. crywinkgrin

Good luck with the new job, Lisa! Good, compassionate CNA's are so welcomed by residents.

With technology....and some of us geeks, we can send you pictures and even give you a call to brag...:)

Good luck Lisa you'll be great. My sister was a CNA for quite a while.

hey lisa, good luck on your new job. i know you can do it. remember you just started, it will take time to learn the ropes. dont get flustered, go with the flow.

I'm really overwhelmed at this point! There are so many residents and every CNA I see is super efficient and knows everything about every resident!! When I get to that point, it'll be alot easier! The place I work is quite new and really nice. Where I had my clinicals was a totally different story though. I was really sad that some of the folks didn't have family at all!

I've had friends that worked in the homes and my Dad was in a couple while rehabbing from Cancer. It's a sad place, but it's people like you that make it livable for them. You will know them all soon enough, and knowing you a little, they will open up to you and you will make a difference in their lives. Some don't have families and the people there become their families. I loved to deal with the ones that took the time to listen and just have normal conversations with my folks and not just come in, do their business and leave. You aren't expected to come in and know everything right off, but you're a quick learner and will do fine.

Hey Lisa - thats great news, its tough starting at the bottom ( pund intended shocked - )but ya gotta put in your dues.

If you are talking about what I think you are....eeeeewwwwwweeeee!!!!

Good luck to ya Lisa. If you have to work the late shift, do you drive your car-tent and crash there.

G.C.

Hey Lisa,

Congrats on the new job. I appreciate those who can work in a nursing home becase that is somthing I could not do. We will miss you at the GTG but will keep you in the loop. Keep us updated and share the stories of the old men hitting on you (it will happen)

Hope

Lisa,

First off - Thank God for people like you. Even though it may not seem like it now, CNA's make a huge difference in the resident's lives and their family's lives.

My dad's last few days were tough on him and us, but the CNA's were great help. Just the attempts to make him comfortable were awesome.

Sorry you won't be at the GTG - maybe we can connect in Sept.

Thanks for all the support friends! laugh

This will cut into fishing quite a bit!! I'll just have to adapt. In the meantime, keep posting your outdoor adventures so at least I can enjoy reading all your fun times people!

Yep that work thing can really interfere with persons fishing time can't it?

hey Lisa - atleast with my new profession I can take it with me.

Maybe you can open up a floating clinic on the lake of your choice ? laughgrin