• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weeds

The_King48

Weeds over run my backyard... I was thinking of taking a skidloader home from work and starting all over... Should I spray weed killer or something of the same before I tear up the yard or should I wait till I get it all leveled off???? I want to tear up the yard because its very unlevel and way too many weeds... What is a good weed killer also??? I have broadleafs, creeping charlie, thistles, ect....

I did this to my back yard. Mow, Spray Round-up, let it all die, level and rake up the debris, till the soil, I did mine w/a harrow and plant a high quality grass seed blend. I bought a custom blend from a feed store that they mixed. I followed, step by step, a book by Jerry Baker about lawns. It is now a nice back yard. Get that book. It is a little intense but it worked and was cheaper than sod.