• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawn Tractor

fishing tech

I have a Murray lawn tractor, probably 1990-91 model. It has worked great for me for the past 17 years. Well today I heard a metal scraping noise, investigated, and found the input shaft to the trany is wabbling pretty good. I drop the trany out and it looks like the bearing spun in the case. So I am looking for a new mower. I am not a big spender, but i am looking for a 40-42in cut with a 12+ hp. What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Keith

boy oh boy. Askin this kinda question is gonna get a different opinion from every person. Kinda like askin about calibers in huntin rifles. Anyway, I've had Craftmans's for decades. My current one is 10 years old, 19 HP 42" cut, hyro and I get along with it just fine. I cut an acre of turf with it. This is about the time of year they start dumpin the current models at a discount.